Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
The Performance Engineer will help define the foundation architecture and the technical direction of the next generation of D&B user interfaces, applications, and mobile app suites. As a key member of the engineering team this person will work towards delivery on a product goal keeping the key ideals of performance and application response times in mind. This engineers key responsibilities are to measure and test the performance of our applications, both in steady state and under load. This role will guide the technical direction of our software and products to make them the most performable in the industry.
- Design, develop, and deploy the fundamental architecture and code for measuring and reporting on the performance of our products and services.
- Document the results of this measurement and suggest architectural changes and optimizations that will make put our products in the best of class performance category.
- Participate in requirements review with business partners and suggest areas where performance concerns arise.
- Participate with the larger Architecture and senior technology team and become a valued member of the larger D&B engineering group.
- Present designs to findings to the engineering teams in D&B. Champion your cause. Actively promote designs within D&B and potentially in outside conferences and meet ups.
- Contribute code to all projects as needed and necessary for the team’s success.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related technical field.
- 10+ years experience in software development and engineering.
- Performance measurement of web applications and backend services.
- Agile development concepts
- REST, JSON and distributed application development
- In-depth experience with performance engineering, measurement, and reporting of web application and/or mobile application solutions.
- Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and possesses knowledge in a specific business area.
- Strong written and communications skills a must. Must be able to document, present and articulate designs and technical decisions in front of teams and key business design makers.
- Visionary – will have clear technology vision and help guide the team technically to that goal.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top