MDM Data Modeler
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet holds the world's largest commercial database, with nearly 300 million records powered by 30,000 data sources updated 5 million times per day. Enterprise Data Catalog team is responsible for enabling our enterprise stakeholders to find, classify, visualize data assets and data flows across systems; understand and address data security risks; govern data quality and data flows in the Enterprise. As a Data Modeler within Dun & Bradstreet Enterprise Data Catalog team, you will be playing a key role in modeling metadata for various key data assets within the company, to drive standardization and data quality.
- Maintain consistency and simplicity of the logical domain as new topics of data sources are onboarded and uncovered, align the logical model to existing in-house logical models.
- Write data domain conformance rules to enable the automation of domain discovery in our data sources, based on column name, data profile output or pre-defined domains.
- Discussions with stakeholders from Content, Data Governance and DSC (Data Supply Chain) teams to arrive at remediation steps.
- Maintain consistency in reference data used to define conformance rules, interface with the reference data manager.
- Problem solving internal challenges and creating innovative solutions.
- Support and resolve metadata and data domain issues and queries raised by internal customers.
- Participate in Requirement Analysis discussions to understand and document data specific requirements.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in data management or related field.
- 4-5+ years of experience working with data in any data modelling role preferably using the following Informatica tools: Data Catalog, Data Quality, and Axon
- Knowledge and extended practice of writing SQL and running queries ideally in the Informatica environment to define conformance rules and data quality rules.
- Willingness to learn new tools and techniques and master them as part of the job.
- Knowledge and daily practice of advanced Excel functions including pivot tables.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills. quick learner, self-starter and strong analytical, collaboration & influencing skills.
- Passionate and curious about data with strong commitment to producing quality deliverables.
- Lean/Agile mindset and experience with the ability to pivot and manage multiple priorities.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top