Leader, Technical Product Development
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing - for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do - from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
This role is for MDR, a division of D&B and our business is growing. We're looking for talented new team members to help us achieve even more success! Learn more: https://mdreducation.com/
MDR is the leading multi-channel education marketing and engagement expert focused exclusively on the school channel. Our solution portfolio marries award-winning classroom content with progressive integrated marketing programs designed to drive educators, youth, and families to action. MDR has been a leader in the educational marketing community for almost 50 years.
We build scalable, measurable, custom school initiatives on behalf of corporate, nonprofit, foundation and association clients. Our programs support clients' Corporate Social Responsibility, Communications, Marketing, Human Resources, and Brand Engagement goals.
Our clients are having a significant impact on driving teacher capacity and student achievement by providing inspiring products, services, and programs. We are honored to empower them to help students achieve their fullest potential.
Leader, Technical Product Development
Summary: The role will lead MDR's efforts to develop new product and services, as well, as enhance current products through superb technology development skills bringing MDR solutions to a modern state that enables clients vastly enhanced access and usage of the MDR toolkit. This position will lead a team of software developers providing guidance and support to Agile team developers, as well as, developing / executing workflows and methodologies. Also, this role is responsible for providing leadership for architectural planning, code reviews, engineering, as well as well ensuring software development best practices are applied. The role will work closely with Applications, Cloud, Hardware and Database on integrated hardware/software products. This position will work closely with Product Management, Project Management and our Architecture teams to establish the scope and resource requirements to ensure teams are staffed and working effectively against the product roadmap.
- Manage a small team of developers who are working against product road map. Provide upgrades and enhancements to products. Direct technical roadmap for the team and propose adoption of new technologies or techniques to meet objectives. Works with leader of product on the production of various products throughout the life cycle from inception, design to completion.
- Create technology pipeline and roadmap, providing a breakdown of project deliverables and estimates. Work with external vendors as needed to produce products on time and budget.
- Market facing to engage clients and users of our products. Partner with product management and operations to create and evangelize world-class products.
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field with 5-10 year's full life-cycle development experience.
- Proven track record as a development leader with 5+ years of experience managing a team
- Advanced technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/ technologies/processes in support of business objectives of the operating unit.
- Technically have 6+ years of hands on experience as an engineer with involvement in design, architecture and implementation across technologies within full stack development (from the backend through the front end)
- Languages should include angular/Java and PHP, and C++ with a foundational understanding of .net.
- Pluses would be experience with cloud providers such as AWS as well experience with Microservices, SQL and MySQL data stores
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization from senior executives to entry-level engineers
- Ability to meet and deliver objectives against deadlines while exhibiting excellent work ethics and communications skills
- Focused, dependable, detail-oriented and hands-on - completes tasks quickly and thoroughly
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top