Lead Data Engineer
Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
We are passionate about the power of data. We embrace the change in the world around us. And we succeed by helping others succeed. That is who we are and what you can expect we’re all about. So if you are too, we invite you to join our team. It is an opportunity like no other you will ever experience.
You will own designing, innovating, and building the ingestion system that will feed our contact data products. This is a high visibility position leading development on a core system that is key to Dun and Bradstreet – NetProspex success. You must be a self-starter who is excited about new and very challenging projects. You must possess enthusiasm and a team-player attitude. Strong communication and organizational skills are a must.
The Data Team…
… is always in the thick of the data related action
… works hard at working smarter! (Automation is our favorite word)
… believes that personal career development serves the team well.
… likes each other! We play board games, talk movies, and schedule offsite activities from time to time.
What we want you to do:
- Lead development and maintenance efforts on our ingestion system and have the ability to turn data product goals and requirements into scalable code
- Interface with other development groups within the tech organization
- Quickly identify, escalate, and resolve production issues
- Project manage a small team of development resources
What you bring to the table:
- 3 – 5 years related experience
- Awesome sauce
- Education / background in math, engineering, computer science
- Extensive experience with SQL and Python (MySQL is a big plus)
- ETL, matching normalization experience
- Ability to visual data relationships
- Ability to effectively project mange other development resources
- Romanized European/South American/Asian data is another big plus
- BASH is preferred, though not required. Interest is required
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top