Junior Software Engineer
- Dublin, Ireland
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
Junior Software Engineer
Why we are interested in you?
You are the future leaders, today's innovators who could be the catalyst of the next generation of technology delivery for D&B. You will join a team of great people, likewise motivated by working with great technologies.
You will work with seasoned Engineers and Technology Program delivery colleagues where you will experience a blend of real work and on the job training. Around you will be a framework of support, built on local expertise and global collaboration. You will be guided through challenging and rewarding work utilizing state of the art technologies to solve business problems and customer opportunities.
What does this mean?
Development of cutting-edge applications written in Java in fields including:
- Big Data
- API technologies
- Cloud Infrastructure/DevOps
- Participation in and contribution to all stages of the development lifecycle
- Working in a cross-functional agile teams you will be developing features end-to-end across the software stack whilst ensuring non-functional requirements are met
- You will produce elegant, yet simple code that lends itself to low cost maintenance, extensibility, testability and performance
- You will explore new opportunities using proof-of-concepts, wire frames and early experience prototypes
- Your test-driven development ethos will expose you to continual interactions with the QA team to analyse, resolve, and verify any defects
How will this work?
- Join an agile development team and work alongside experienced engineers to help develop and build world-class solutions
- In-role training on using the tools, techniques and best practices
- We won't just let you sink or swim! You will be allocated a buddy and go through an orientation programme. This will familiarise you with D&B culture, who's who and how to get stuff done in D&B
- You will be given the platform to contribute your ideas at every step of the journey
- B.Sc in Computer Science or related discipline or relevant experience
- Relevant work experience is advantageous.
- Qualities we are interested in;
- Demonstrable Java coding standards
- Understanding of Design Patterns
- Exposure of applying test driven development techniques using frameworks
- A passion and ability to write well documented, maintainable, and testable code
- A genuine hunger to build a career in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of web trends, best practices, and new technologies with the drive to stay informed on upcoming trends
All employees and contractors working in D&B Dublin should be aware that they have responsibilities in relation to the Company's Business Management System. This relates to information and its security, quality, environment and health and safety both during and post-employment with D&B Dublin.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top