Employee Communications Director
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Employee Communications is an integral part of the Global Communications team. We direct the strategic development and execution of the company's communications to help engage, inform, and inspire employees about the company's strategy and business priorities.
The Employee Communications Director will lead the development, execution and measurement of a comprehensive employee communications strategy to support Dun & Bradstreet's business strategy and culture. He or she will be well-versed in employee communications best practices, up-to-speed on industry trends, and adept at driving communications strategy, messaging and programs across our universe of 5,000 employees. This leader will work closely with senior executives on strategy and messaging, maintaining a disciplined focus on the company's strategy in all global internal communications, and ensuring consistency and alignment of internal communication activities across all functions and regions.
This is an ideal position for a strategic thinker who understands how to position the company's accomplishments and advancement of its strategy, can demonstrate compelling and innovative storytelling skills, and will roll up his/her sleeves to deliver engaging, professional and effective communication activities. The successful candidate will excel at relationship management, strategic partnering and providing advice, counsel and direction on all communications-related activities.
- Develop, manage and execute the company's global internal communications strategy that is aligned to our corporate values: Data Inspired, Relentlessly Curious, and Inherently Generous.
- Provide counsel to the CEO and other senior leaders on ways to use innovative and modern communications and experiences to help achieve business objectives.
- Use and monitor communications channels to ensure we effectively reach internal target audiences using a range of channels, including videos, blogs, internal social media, town hall meetings, email, intranet, and other creative platforms.
- Build community, promote activities, and contribute to employee engagement and culture-building efforts. Deliver high-quality, energetic, lively work; capture and convey a distinct voice and tone; ensure great attention to detail; show empathy, consideration, and understanding of various viewpoints to support Dun & Bradstreet's diverse, growing, and global business.
- Develop measurement approaches to track effectiveness of communications in maximizing focus and engagement on the company's strategy, with a focus on the integration of new technology and communication channels, adjusting programs where necessary.
- Lead and continuously develop a team of talented communications professionals.
- Proven track record (minimum 12 years' experience) of developing strategic, innovative, and global internal communications programming and experiences, with specific depth in change communications
- Strong relationship manager who effectively works with and influences senior management, and other stakeholders to proactively shape communications strategies and plans
- Creating executive-ready content for internal and external meetings, including managing logistics for key internal meetings such as global town hall meetings for the CEO and his leadership team
- Ability to develop strategic plans, the necessary execution and measurement techniques
- Ability to synthesize diverse activities into a clear and compelling narrative that helps stakeholders understand how discrete actions support a broader agenda
An outstanding writer with the ability to create compelling messages that provides all levels of company employees with a clear line of sight to business strategy, goals and initiatives
Leads by example, has the ability to inspire and align resources, including direct reports and other internal and external resources, and excels at coaching team members to high performance. Has high accountability for his/her and the team's actions
Understanding and use of various media (video, digital, web, etc.)
Leveraging social media tools as part of the internal communications program to build engagement and community building
Superior collaboration and interpersonal skills to positively influence communications best practices at all levels within the Company
Outstanding judgment, with a balance of confidence, maturity, refinement and energy
Experience working globally / cultural sensitivity
Holds a bachelor's degree in English, journalism, corporate communications, public relations, or marketing
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top