Director, Government Solutions Engineering
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
In D&B's Government Solutions group we are creating visionary solutions to complex government issues, often before government can even see their own problems. We're taking big data to big government to create efficiency in agencies large and small. We're designing processes and tools to improve the government operations of today and tomorrow in areas including healthcare fraud, tax analysis, acquisition and procurement, and economic development. We make government run better, faster and smarter; spending taxpayer dollars more wisely, and delivering better government to citizens.
Our team creates and offers a unique entrepreneurial environment for talented, creative, independent hunters. We offer a challenging environment developing and expanding our business across strategic Federal agencies, and one that gives you the opportunity to take the content world's largest private database of business information and to create new solutions for government.
The Director of Government Solutions Engineering will be responsible for managing the government field sales engineering team. The Director of Government Solutions Engineering will honor the client by delivering peer and manager-reviewed solutions that properly apply Dun & Bradstreet data and technology to achieve government mission goals. The Director of Government Solutions Engineering will Grow the franchise by continuously fostering the team's customer-facing consultative and sales skills. Also grow the franchise by focusing on new business and helping members and the team eliminate roadblocks preventing decreases in time spent on supporting existing business. The Director of Government Solutions Engineering will Protect the franchise by ensuring all team members design compliant solutions that meet both government compliance requirements and Dun & Bradstreet requirements (e.g. security, privacy impact, architecture). The Director of Government Solutions Engineering will Create New Insights by tracking unmet government data and technology requirements and coordinating work with the government partnership team (and internal resources across the company) to meet the unmet requirements. The Director of Government Solutions Engineering will Lead, develop, and support sales engineering team members to ensure they have the technical skills, consulting skills, and sales skills required to be successful in their current and future roles.
- Lead, develop, and support Government Solutions Engineering Team to ensure they have the technical, consulting, and sales skills required to be successful in their current and future roles.
- Oversee solutions, documentation, and deliverables produced by Solutions Engineering Team
- Ensure all solutions comply with government requirements and internal Dun & Bradstreet requirements
- Ensure all team members use the same quality standards & same standard operating procedures to ensure consistent, high quality work products.
- Focus on new business and help members and the team eliminate roadblocks preventing decreases in time spent on supporting existing business
- At least 10 year's sales engineering experience plus at least 5 years sales engineering management experience
- At least 10 year's technical architecture experience and development experience
- History of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree. Advanced degrees are highly preferred.
- PMP Certified - Current, or at least recent former certification required plus commitment to obtaining certification within six months of appointment
- Process-orientated with a thorough, methodical approach to tasks.
- Demonstrated successful experience in working with customers, both internal and external
- This Position is 100% Remote, but candidate must be located in the Washington DC Metro Area due to client facing requirements
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top