Director, External Communications
Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
There has never been a more exciting time to join Dun & Bradstreet. We are innovating our business, amplifying our dynamic new brand, and architecting how we go to market, and we are seeking a Director, External Communications, to position Dun & Bradstreet key stakeholders externally.
As Director, External Communications you will be at the heart of the engine that develops and implements an effective external communications strategy to build, promote, enhance and protect Dun & Bradstreet’s brand. You will work cross-functionally (especially with internal communications, content team and social) to integrate external communications across all channels to best amplify “one voice” for consistent, comprehensive external messaging. You will thrive on increasing the visibility of Dun & Bradstreet solutions across media, IT research analysts and other key stakeholder audiences, while increasing consideration of the brand in the broader competitive set.
You will play a key role executing short-term sprints of activity, while planning for the implementation of long-term external comms success. Among other key things, you have established working relationships with business/ trade media and research analysts, enjoy working with events teams to best activate and elevate brand presence at key events and conferences, and you do not shy away from identifying challenges and emerging issues faced by the company. You will also enjoy a sense of accomplishment by illuminating PR contributions and value to internal stakeholders through regular updates and reporting.
You Bring Experience:
- You are a strategic, organized thinker who knows how to prioritize projects and devote resources behind those that are most impactful
- On your resume we will see a Bachelor’s degree (Journalism or Communications related degree preferred) and a minimum of 7 years of corporate communications and/ or PR experience, either in-house or agency. Experience at a publicly-held company is a plus
- You will have big brand experience and while B2B experience is a plus it’s not necessary
- You will be able to provide social media/ digital strategy and execution examples for B2B and/ or B2C companies
- You are highly articulate and have exceptional writing and editing skills
- You will be able to provide several examples of how you have been able to successfully position subject matter experts to media to achieve positive mentions/coverage
- You have skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with reporters/influencers
- You are collaborative and have the ability to engage and activate cross-functionally
- You have a natural ability to wield diplomatic authority with internal colleagues, requestors and stakeholders
- You think globally and act with a global mindset
- You have writing samples and other supporting media that you would love to share with us to show your talents
- You are very comfortable being a corporate communications, media relations and public relations subject matter expert and can provide examples of how you have demonstrated this expertise
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top