Director - Enterprise Data Governance, Policy & Regulatory Compliance
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing - for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do - from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
I. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Understand the external regulatory and competitive landscape within APAC and the potential impact on D&B. Collaborate with the broader EDG team and D&B Legal Department to ensure positive outcomes for D&B.
2. Monitor the effectiveness of D&B internal policy, process and controls required to ensure compliance with internal policies and external regulatory requirements within the APAC region.
3. Influence a positive compliance culture within APAC at D&B, by enabling team members to easily understand what polices impact them and what actions they need to take to ensure compliance.
4. Provide confidence to external stakeholders, such as APAC D&B customers and regulators, on D&B's ability to properly govern its data
5. Review and assess D&B Strategic initiatives within APAC to ensure they are complaint with D&B data policies, external data regulations and commercial data commitments.
6. Play a key role in the running of the Data Governance Office function in APAC, supporting requests for support from global D&B team members and supporting the Global Data Stewardship program.
7. Partner with other Data Governance Office leaders to ensure execution of Privacy Impacts Assessments (PIAs) are conducted as required and within the timelines needed within the APAC region.
8. Ensure all data acquisition activities within the APAC region are done so according to D&B policy.
9. Handle communications within APAC regarding EDG strategic plans and training.
10. Accountable for leveraging needed resources to ensure business terms and definitions pertaining to APAC platforms and systems are captured and governed within Collibra, D&B's Enterprise Data Governance tool. This would be done in partnership with the EDG stewardship pillar.
11. Collaborate with key global partners (e.g. Legal, Security, GS&P, Delivery, Compliance, LOB's) to ensure cross functional alignment on APAC data related initiatives.
12. Represent APAC in EDG's efforts to modernize the Data Governance Office within APAC and support regional compliance efforts.
13. Represent EDG in conversations involving APAC WWN partners.
III. KEY REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree a plus
• 10+ years of experience in Data Management and Data Governance disciplines
• Extensive D&B specific data understanding is a plus
• Extensive knowledge of APAC Data Regulations
• Demonstrates intimate knowledge of data quality, data governance and master data management practices and principles
• Confident with modern technology, highly proficient in MS Office.
• Confidence in influencing and leadership skills
• Excellent communication (verbal, written, listening) and engagement skills
• Able to distil and communicate the key messages from large amounts of data and info quickly and in visual representation that simplify the message to enable any audience to comprehend the message
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Effective collaborator able to work across different disciplines and levels and countries
• Strong work ethic; self-motivator able to work without supervision
• An Influencer - able to persuade others and gain consensus
• Pragmatic - ability to balance business needs with compliance requirements
• Responsive and flexible to a changing environment
• Persistent and resilient - able to effectively identify and manage enterprise risks
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top