Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is vital to businesses of every size and scope, across six continents and every industry. Without our data, how would planes fly, coffee brew or search engines enlighten? When you collect and share insights on almost 300 million companies around the world, your chance to influence that world – for the better – is remarkably exciting. You will feel that energy in our hallways and product labs, client meetings and whiteboard sessions, hashtags and annual reports. Our collaborative, open culture is one where you can be inspired, and be inspiring.
Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning from data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us modernizing everything we do! We are passionate about the power of data. We embrace the change in the world around us. And we succeed by helping others succeed.
This is who we are and what you can expect when working in Dun & Bradstreet. So if you like the sound of this, we invite you to join our team. It is an opportunity like no other you will ever experience. You are the author of your career at D&B, and the company will back you with development that will lead you on road to success. What’s holding you back? Come join us on our journey!
D&B are looking for a DevOps Engineer to become a key part of our organization using the most suitable tools, technologies and architectures to deliver state of the art software. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience including scripting skills, experience supporting a dynamic development team and collaborating with global operations teams.
You will be working towards constant improvement of processes and environment to make it best in class. You will work closely and be an integral part of the development team to deliver to the highest standard.
We have a challenging and ambitious road map aimed at achieving the highest levels of automation at all points in the Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Create and maintain software to automate software development, delivery, test, configuration and deployment tasks.
- Continually seek, identify and implement opportunities to improve our delivery pipeline
- Deliver solutions of high quality with attention to detail
- Work closely with developers, testers, release managers, security engineers, to solve systems problems.
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision
- Keep up with industry trends to ensure we are using the best tools and services
Skills & Requirements
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a DevOps role
- In depth knowledge of Linux internals/sysadmin, preferably Redhat.
- Hands on experience with a number of programming and scripting languages
- Hands on experience with configuration management tools, preferably Puppet
- Proficient in the use of build tools and the Git version control system
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience of cloud technologies is desired, preferably AWS
- Understanding of network topologies and design
Personable attributes required
- Excellent problem solving skills providing simple solutions to complex situations
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology
- Ability to anticipate potential problems/ risks and proactively determine and implement solutions
- Strong attention to detail with a professional commitment to high quality deliverables.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top