Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
As a Senior Java Engineer at Dun & Bradstreet you will be building and maintaining state of the art systems using Java, SQL, Spring, Hibernate, NoSQL, etc. You will work in an Agile/Scrum/Lean environment where we break features into small stories and deploy software incrementally and frequently, continuously redesigning and refactoring. You will work with experts in software engineering and help mentor team members in Test Driven Development, writing high quality code as well as working with new technologies.
- Design, Implementation, Administration, Maintenance of the data elements powering our products
- Management and Architecture of both proprietary and licensed partner datasets
- Be a team player, willing to work on any task that comes up while still being able to let loose and enjoy the environment.
- EDUCATION: BS in Computer Science or a related field, MS Preferable
- EXPERIENCE: 4+ years of experience in web development utilizing Java
- Practice (or at least have heard of) Domain-Driven Design
- Use source control repositories such as SVN or Git
- Want to mentor and lead through pairing and/or design/code reviews
- Experience building client-side applications with JS MVC Frameworks like AngularJS, EmberJS, Backbone, or similar
- Requires continuous integration: Robo, Git, Jenkins
- Strong UI, UX, and Web Design principles and concepts
- Take ownership responsibility of ongoing website development
- Experience developing on top of REST Services
- Experience with caching
- Experience with search engine optimization
- Have demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies
- A self-directed individual who knows what needs to be done and operates with urgency, focus and discipline
- Have the ability to thrive in a high energy, high growth, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable
- Strong team player who can build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Above all, ethical, fair and of high integrity
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top