Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
As a member of Data Engineering team your responsibilities will include:
Work closely with Global Analytics and Content Innovation teams to envision and implements analytics products and data insights for complex experiments Directly responsible for influencing architecture and design of a platform for the near real-time calculation and delivery of semi-custom predictive analytics. Develop solutions and implementation of R code to form part of a distributed application (such as a web-application created in Java) Work in heterogeneous environment of multiple platforms in multiple languages. (SAS, Mainframe (JCL, Cobol, SAS, etc.), Open Source (R, ScaleRPython, etc.), SQL, HQL, Unix/Linux)
Provide stewardship and best practices for data wrangling and analysis of structured and unstructured data
Collaborate with software engineers, ML experts, and business teams Work in cross functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new data product objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required in Computer Science, applied quantitative field (math/statistics, engineering) is a plus
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a software development environment
- Expert knowledge of R programming including full lifecycle from design to production deployment and maintenance of R based applications. Revolution ScaleR and Shiny is a plus.
- Proven experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches using machine learning methods
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with common statistical techniques
- Data-drive with high level of creativity, curiosity, and free thinking
- Quick learner who can master and manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision and a flexible positive attitude
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to clearly explain design considerations, options, and trade-offs
- Experience with best practices for scalability and performance of distributed data processing solutions
- Hands-on experience in Java and at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Well versed in Linux
- Demonstrated expertise with software architecture & design, data structures and algorithms
- Organized, thorough, and detail oriented as working with multiple datasets across multiple time periods with different units of analysis requires attention to detail
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top