Developer in Test
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing - for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do - from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
We need highly skilled software engineers to join our QA team in Dublin. You will join a stalwart team of engineers responsible for taking our software over the finish line and onto the production podium.
You are what stands between software utopia and customer chaos. You are bastions of quality and order. Defenders of the codebase. Champions of the well-defined acceptance test and protectors of the API set. You are Guardians of all that is good, right, Just and true.
Nothing ships until your team says so. You are eminently practical and unequivocally awesome. You are calm under pressure and a natural diplomat under fire. You are a master bridge-builder capable of connecting worlds that have no right sitting in the same office together. You are able to not only please developers but to hold off sales and marketing. You are an excellent communicator, an intuitive collaborator, and a heavyweight in standing your ground.
You believe in planning, discipline and process. You take pride in a quality product and understand the tools needed to put big data software through its paces. Once you've assessed it on the climbing wall, pulled it through the mud trench, dusted it down and issued a report card, you can train others in how to do it, too.
We need you to:
- Design and implement a big data test framework.
- Create and maintain a robust suite of automated tests with a continuous integration execution.
- Coordinate with the Release Management to proactively set up and maintain test environments
- Participate in all aspects of testing an enterprise-level globally-accessible product; collaborate with developers, testers and product managers to ensure correct acceptance tests are produced in the most efficient manner
- Assist Team Leaders in defining and improving the QA process
- Produce documentation for internal audiences
- Assist in mentoring and training of new and existing staff
- Strong Coding Experience (for example, Java, Python, Perl)
- Strong UNIX & shell-scripting experience
- Proven Experience in building test frameworks and automated test suites.
- Working knowledge of web technologies (JSON, RESTful API)
- Track Record of working within Test/QA teams delivering quality products
- Experience working on Big Data Projects
- Testing web-based enterprise products with tools such as Parasoft SOATest, soapUI, Tomcat
- JUnit, Hadoop, NoSQL Technologies
- Working in an Agile Environment
Personable attributes required
- Self-management skills, particularly in respect to prioritization and execution
- Be comfortable working independently or part of a large team
- Excellent problem solving skills providing simple solutions to complex situations
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Candidates must be prepared to take on delivery responsibilities outside of development as needed.
- Candidates must be able to work and provide leadership within a collaborative team environment
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology
- Motivated by quality, excellence and results.
Minimum Educational Level
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in a formal software QA environment
- 2+ years preparing automated test scripts for integration, user acceptance and regression tests
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top