Desktop Support Technician
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Our Technology Team:
Technology is a global team that creates and operates the systems that deliver D&B data into our customer's ecosystems. We eat, breathe, and dream of technologies that run our business today - and those that will transform the way we deliver value in the future.
- Provide quality desktop support service including desk-side break-fix repair, remote support and fulfilling requests for new hardware and software.
- Enter, update and close all support activity into the ticketing system.
- Provide excellent customer service both desk side and remote including triage and escalating tickets as appropriate.
- Provide HW/SW support, repair, deployments, imaging, migrations, installs-moves-adds-changes-upgrades & connectivity issues
- Perform email account maintenance & minor network administration – active directory etc.
- Provide hands on support to other engineering teams, inhouse and 3rd party systems
- Provide basic telephony handset support and extension administration.
- Maintain hardware and software inventory records
- Must be able to maintain relationships with all levels of management
- Provide training & guidance to team members.
- 3 years + of PC support in a medium or large corporate environment desirable.
- Hardware & Software Certifications in current technologies desirable – Microsoft, Lenovo, HP etc.
- Excellent Customer Services skills both in person and over the phone or written via a remote session / email / IM etc.
- Strong skills in the installation and configuration of a wide range of current industry operating systems, software & utilities including Windows and Office in a coprorate environment.
- Strong skills in Communication and the ablility to work with all levels of management within the business
- Experience in the administration of user accounts and properties – creation, deletion and maintenance etc.
- Solid PC Hardware skills – competent in all aspects of PC / laptop / peripheral installation, repair, parts replacement and configuration etc.
- Physically able to safely lift and carry 50 pounds (23Kg) to move, install, unpack PC equipment etc when required.
- Must be able to participate in a support rotation schedule to provide support out of business hours and be flexible for weekend working and a variable schedule as necessary.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
High Risk & Fraud Insight Leader
Simi leads a team of product analysts who investigate businesses that are thought to be fraudulent—making sure Dun & Bradstreet and its customers are protected from fraud.
Back to top