Deputy Leader - Operations
- Mumbai, India
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
- Applications Management:
- Manage all software applications end-to-end for the organization, that includes conceiving, designing, building and deploying applications through Development, Testing and production environments.
- Continuous improvement of services to the operations of the organization, thereby giving increased revenue, increased efficiency or better compliance to the organization.
- Responsible for optimizing the applications footprint and costs, and at the same time increasing the effectiveness of the software applications across the organization.
- Ability to understand business requirements, become a partner to various business teams and help them achieve their goals in the most cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that the business technology team acts as a consultant to the various business departments and continuously look at optimizing their operations, cost and productivity.
- Own the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for the organization and able to run a software delivery service with adherence to SLAs
- Continuous improvement to adherence of global standards and industry benchmarks like ITIL, ISO and other similar standards.
- Software Engineering:
- Apply best-in-class software engineering practices to get maximum value out of the developed applications for the business.
- Have a bird's eye view of the application landscape to implement SOA principles, re-usability of objects
- Make IT Security a core part of the deliverable in developing and delivering applications
- Embed best IT Security practices while designing and developing applications
- Build data backup, disaster recovery principles as part of the application so as to have minimal footprint of heavy infrastructure software for DR readiness.
- People Management:
- Own and manage a team of application managers who perform the above functions end-to-end for a subset of the applications.
- Coach and Groom team members to become independent and upskill on a regular basis.
- Infrastructure Collaboration:
- Collaborate with Infrastructure team to prepare and carry out Disaster recovery plans, drills.
- Design data replication of applications across primary and Disaster Recovery (DR) data centres.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top