DataWorks Intern - Spring 2017
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is seeking an exceptional Data Analyst to support the continued development of the preeminent Warehouse of Business Data. This individual will work along side top tier developers and architects on data systems integral to the entire business.
The ideal candidate will foremost have a passion for data, knowing that it is the primary driver for many business decisions. Applicable experience in SQL, either workplace or academic, is required. Experience with non relational data technologies (MongoDB, Hadoop, GraphDB), or OOP languages (Java, C#, etc) a plus.
- Work with Senior team members to complete assigned development tasks.
- Complete work on Data Extract, Transform, and Load packages for data ingestion.
- Write queries for both stored procedures as well as ad hoc requests.
- Provide documentation of work completed.
- Ability to take direction and also provide feedback on assigned tasks.
- Applicable workplace experience with SQL (SQL Server preferred, but Oracle and MySQL also OK)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Familiarity working with extremely large data sets
- Knowledge of Relational data models
- General Understanding of data modeling, data warehousing and ETL
- Highly analytical and detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication
- Able to work cross-functionally across multiple departments in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments effectively, work autonomously
- Takes initiative, knows what needs to be done and executes with a sense of urgency, discipline and focus
- Capable of identifying issues related to statistical analysis, recommending options and implementing
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top