Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
The ideal candidate will:
- develop end-to-end solutions for D&B customers, with technical scope extending from data acquisition through data processing and customer delivery.
- Have a deep understanding of the practical application of data relationships and will be able to use the data for information delivery and business analytics.
- Utilize her/his programming skills and knowledge to put ETL/ELT designs into use.
- Apply knowledge of database architecture and tuning to ensure maximum performance of the processes in Data Warehouse systems.
- Draw on written and verbal communication skills as well as software development experience to cohesively implement and enforce data quality management practices within the company, providing technical guidance where necessary.
- Have a strong desire to formulate new and creative ways of building data relationships in a fast-paced environment with a high rate of change.
- Reflect the needs of the business in ELT/ETL design and implementation decisions.
- Design and implement ETL/ELT systems ensuring proper database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Ensure data standards are reused and enforced across all data-driven initiatives
- Identify and analyze data discrepancies and data quality issues and works to ensure data consistency and integrity
- Identify, evaluate, recommend, and implement new tools and methodologies to optimize processes
- Create integration strategies and methods, which improve system performance, monitoring, and future scalability and high availability.
- Interface with the business to describe the data and its relationships
- Strong Oracle PL/SQL and SQL development and performance tuning. Strong analytical skills: ability to reverse engineer business logic from data structures and source code (PL/SQL, SQL, shell scripts, Java). Must possess advanced SQL programming skills.
- Experience with PL/SQL collection data types. Partitioning, materialized views, Index types (regular, bitmap local partitioned, global).
- Familiarity with Linux processes and shell scripting. Experience with raw data analysis using Linux tools .
- Extensive hands-on experience of the Java eco-system
- Experience with Data Warehouse Systems
- A demonstrated ability to learn and acquire new technologies as needed.
- Good experience in analyzing and validating large volumes of data from different systems.
- Excellent strategic & business thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- CS or equivilant degree preferred
Bonus Technical skills:
- Understanding of the Hadoop eco-system
- Design and develop a Hadoop (Big Data) Platform
- Experience with developing MapReduce jobs
- R and/or Python programming skills
- Experience with SAS on both a PC and Linux platform.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top