Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
As a Data Scientist within Dun & Bradstreet's Analytics team, you will participate in all aspects of modeling engagement, including design, development, validation, calibration, documentation, approval, implementation, monitoring, and reporting. You will research complex business issues and recommend solutions, including model features and end products and any data required to support growing Dun & Bradstreet initiatives.
- Develop Global Analytic Solutions inclusive but not limited to statistical models based on D&B's established best practices, methodologies, and tools.
- Research complex business issues and recommend solutions, including model features and end products
- Create features and validate them against diverse set of objectives utilizing both internal and external data sources while maintaining business relationships and serving as subject matter expert.
- Utilize latest data science techniques across both supervised and unsupervised machine learning methodologies, NLP in automating and scaling internal business processes and development of new capabilities for the business.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Engage clients and D&B colleagues to identify business needs and develop, implement, and manage solutions.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on predictive models within the Advanced Analytic Services team and with business users; consult with the business, as appropriate, on predictive modeling solutions.
- Share academic literature and industry best practices. Identify business relevance of new methods and work with cross functional teams to create prototypes, assist in creating business case, and go to market strategy.
- Drive timely retrieval of risk analytics data from external vendors, existing systems to create.
- Build relationships with external data vendors and aggregators to support analytical initiatives and products, building and testing of POC algorithms that meet business needs.
- Search for new alternative data based on the use cases - customer problems by business units, data quality and additional product needs.
As the ideal candidate, you are creative and inquisitive in nature, have the flexibility to learn and apply new methodologies, effectively communicate complex ideas to both a technical and non-technical audience and work both independently and collaboratively while managing multiple assignments.
- Ph.D. or Masters in a quantitative / applied field (Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, Engineering).
- 3+ years of relevant experience in data science roles.
- Knowledge of evolving data science concepts and best practices including big data, NLP, feature engineering, regressive and non-regressive methods, and unstructured data synthesis.
- Proficiency utilizing Python, R and/ or SAS, Spark, PySpark and SQL.
- Working knowledge with diverse data formats and data structures.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with clients and advising teams on the innovative methodologies, data sources, data science tools and environments.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top