Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing - for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do - from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
About the role:
A fantastic opportunity has now arisen for a Data Scientist to join the world's leading provider of commercial data, information and insight on businesses. This is an exciting opportunity to be joining a growing Analytics Dept focusing on B2B Business challenges
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and validate predictive Statistical Models and algorithms independently so solve B2B business challenges
- Analyse and interpret large amounts of data, and articulate business insight in a clear and consistent manner. Proven track record of independent thinking and ingenuous approaches to creative problem solving.
- Develop full custom analytics solutions. Understand customers' business needs, define suitable solutions, request and evaluate the customer data, select appropriate statistical methodologies, develop, document and present the final solution.
What we're looking for:
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills. Ability to work in a team environment, to brainstorm and exchange ideas. Ability to influence others.
- Communicate analytical results in a clear and consistent manner to technical and non-technical audiences. Create documents and presentations for all analytics projects that fall under ownership. Carry out regular peer reviews on models, documents and presentations.
- Keep up with academic literature and industry best practice and experiment with new methods to improve our current solutions or develop new ones. Engage actively in brainstorming sessions and inform the team leader of new market trends.
You should possess the following skills and experience:
- MBA or PhD (preferably) in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Econometrics, Engineering, Computer Science) or equivalent.
- B2B predictive modelling experience gained from preferably the financial/Banking services using Python, SQL, Spark
Significant commercial experience in statistical analysis/consulting, and of working in international or multicultural organizations.
All employees and contractors working in D&B Dublin should be aware that they have responsibilities in relation to information and its security. To understand and adhere to the Information Security framework in place, and to contribute to the development and on-going improvement of the D&B Dublin security of information and systems, in terms of confidentiality, integrity and availability both during and post-employment with D&B.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top