Cloud Infrastructure Lead
Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is vital to businesses of every size and scope, across six continents and every industry. Without our data, how would planes fly, coffee brew or search engines enlighten? When you collect and share insights on almost 300 million companies around the world, your chance to influence that world – for the better – is remarkably exciting. You will feel that energy in our hallways and product labs, client meetings and whiteboard sessions, hashtags and annual reports. Our collaborative, open culture is one where you can be inspired, and be inspiring.
Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning from data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us modernizing everything we do! We are passionate about the power of data. We embrace the change in the world around us. And we succeed by helping others succeed.
This is who we are and what you can expect when working in Dun & Bradstreet. So if you like the sound of this, we invite you to join our team. It is an opportunity like no other you will ever experience. You are the author of your career at D&B, and the company will back you with development that will lead you on road to success. What's holding you back? Come join us on our journey!
The Cloud Infrastructure Lead will be the primary point of contact for the technical, cost, and capacity management of our Cloud infrastructure. The candidate will liaise with engineering teams on the design of Cloud solutions, with business and finance on the management and forecasting of Cloud infrastructure cost, and with release management and operations on the delivery to, and continuous operations of, the Cloud infrastructure.
This role will be responsible for monitoring and managing the health and cost of Cloud infrastructure. The Cloud Infrastructure Lead will work across teams to plan future builds and liaise with stakeholders across D&B to help drive consistent policies and approaches around the use of Cloud infrastructure.
The candidate will have a very hands-on approach, with expertise and experience leading a high-volume, technically complex, and mission critical Cloud infrastructure – ideally with experience in a Data intensive environment. They will have experience in creating structure and driving efficiency through a metrics driven and highly automated approach onto this environment.
The role will report to the Leader of Developer Operations and will be part of a team with responsibility for ensuring the continuous, reliable, operations of a number of environments, including production. The candidate will also be responsible for growing the Cloud expertise of this team and the wider organisation.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Engage with stakeholders to understand business and program needs, to anticipate and plan for future Cloud infrastructure needs.
- Create and uphold a strong SLA based culture around the management of our Cloud infrastructure, setting clear expectations and direction to group and wider stakeholders.
- Provide leadership by working closely with Release Management team to ensure that builds are properly planned and deployed while applying a structured change management approach and methodology
- Work closely with Development and Support teams to streamline support requirements for daily issues and direction for the Production Support teams.
- Develop a change management strategy by considering all facets of the details and impact of recommendations
- Management of Cloud infrastructure costs, including forecasting cost based on anticipated changes in demand, and communication of costs to stakeholders.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with IT Operations, Engineering leadership, department heads, and vendors.
- Grow the AWS expertise on the site through mentoring of DevOps team members and contributing to design efforts of engineering teams.
- 5+ years managing enterprise solutions on a Cloud-based infrastructure, preferably AWS.
- Experience working with remote teams – the role will require oversight of teams located in different geographical regions (India, US, Ireland).
- Highly desirable – experience in Hadoop or Big Data type environment and demonstrable knowledge of the types of Production issues that occur.
- Extensive IT and business/industry work experience, with experience in managing multiple, medium to large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of best in breed Service Delivery (e.g. ITIL, metrics based approaches) and DevOps techniques
- A hands-on approach – detail orientated and solution orientated.
- Demonstrable experience in managing and delivering complex technology programs guided by engineering and service delivery principles.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
High Risk & Fraud Insight Leader
Simi leads a team of product analysts who investigate businesses that are thought to be fraudulent—making sure Dun & Bradstreet and its customers are protected from fraud.
Back to top