Business Ontology Analyst
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Content is a global team delivering thought leadership and inspiration by building strategic relationships through modern experiences so our customers can grow. Our key focus areas are to 1) uncover truth and meaning from data, 2) drive content/value through data; 3) leverage modern technology, analytics and platforms, and 4) build relationships with influencers. Our team is divided into seven distinct areas of practice, cross-collaborating to achieve our collective goals. Global Content Innovation; Global Identity and Linkage; Enterprise Data Governance; Global Data Quality; Global Data Operations; International Partnerships & WWN (World Wide Network); Editorial.
Business ontology is foundational to the enterprise wide data governance and information management capabilities of Dun & Bradstreet. The Business Onotology Analyst will support the definition of an enterprise wide business ontology as a member of Dun & Bradstreet's Enterprise Data Governance Office.
- Understand the content metadata needs of the enterprise (Lines of Business, Sales Teams, Global Content professionals, Information Technology) and support a holistic solution based on the Collibra Data Governance Center and semantic technologies. The solution will provide answers to questions such as: identification of our entire portfolio of data assets; the business definitions; and when, where and how our data can be used.
- Support the lines of businesses in their journey to creating reusable and normalized metadata assets. This includes onboarding product metadata assets in Collibra Data Governance Center and our semantic system as well as mapping products to a standardized logical model.
- Support automation of repetitive tasks when manipulating metadata assets
- Promote metadata assets reuse where possible
- Provide support to the organization in the utilization of Collibra Data Governance Center to capture metadata assets and needed workflows to properly govern our assets.
- Understand and participate in ongoing education and training of users accessing the Collibra platform. Demonstrate command of the subject matter.
- On your resume we will see 0-2 years industry experience with data governance related competencies. Experience with Lean/ Agile methodologies is a plus.
- You are relentlessly curious with a hunger to learn new programming languages and new technologies.
- Knowledge and daily practice of advanced Excel functions and macros.
- Knowledge of business ontologies and taxonomies, RDF and OWL
- Knowledge of Collibra Data Governance Center is a plus
- Strong ability to collaborate and interface with teams across the organization.
- Critical competencies: Logical data modelling; business taxonomy and ontology definition; problem formulation, solving, analysis; excellent communication skills (oral/written).
- Proven ability to overcome challenges and get things done.
- Bachelor's degree and related business experience. Advanced degree preferred.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top