Business Development Manager
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
The journey of our careers is about one word: Opportunity. Opportunity to learn and to lead, to earn and to advance.
We are at Dun & Bradstreet because opportunity has never presented itself in a more dynamic way than right here, right now. How many times in our careers will we have the opportunity to transform a storied company? We are at the beginning stages of an all-encompassing invigoration, with long-term, meaningful investments that are changing every aspect of what we do, how we do it and why it matters for the thousands and thousands of companies around the world that depend on our content, data, ideas and solutions.
Dun & Bradstreet is vital to businesses of every size and scope, across six continents and every industry. Without our data, how would planes fly, coffee brew or search engines enlighten? When you collect and share insights on almost 300 million companies around the world, your chance to influence that world – for the better – is remarkably exciting. You will feel that energy in our hallways and product labs, client meetings and whiteboard sessions, hashtags and annual reports. Our collaborative, open culture is one where you can be inspired, and be inspiring.
That's why we are investing in Dun & Bradstreet. That's why we are at Dun & Bradstreet. And that's why you should be, too. It is an opportunity like no other you will ever experience.
Our team helps deliver D&B's Emerging Business growth strategy by putting the customer at the center of what we do to drive sales. Exceptional relationship builders, members of our team are responsible for the acquisition of new customers. Our team are primarily focused on the following business categories: Credit Risk Management; Sales & Marketing; Supply Chain Management; Compliance.
This role will be responsible for delivering £300k per annum of revenue across new logo UK&I customers, which are serviced primarily over the phone. Contracts requiring field sales that exceed £5,000 will be supported by our Solution Advisor team and complex contracts over £50,000 will be supported by our Business Development Directors.
- To work proactively to generate, follow up and qualify leads, to include needs analysis from the Lead Development team and other teams as appropriate.
- To proactively hunt new business opportunities within aligned territories.
- To manage both transactional & solution sales by combining multiple product sets and integration solutions.
- To ensure inclusion and timely response to RFP/RFIs.
- Ensure that all KPI targets are consistently achieved including call time, revenue targets & pipeline growth.
- Operate consultatively during the sales cycle and present the best solution to the customer based on their business goals.
- Create presentations for new business web-ex or tele conference meetings.
- To manage and communicate progress against targets via accurate and timely reporting and forecasting via Salesforce.
- Demonstrate the value propositions of our products and services by sector and persona.
- Manage activities, tasks and actions in Salesforce.com to accurately and efficiently process all opportunities.
- To work collaboratively with our Solution Advisors, Buisness Development Directors & Solution Experts when required.
- To work with our Account Managament Team to ensure smooth transition, delivery and ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Work with the Customer Experience and Marketing team to help accelerate customer onboarding and ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Provide feedback from clients to assess possible refinements to existing products and the need for new products.
- Demonstrable track record in managing transactional as well as consultative solution based B2B sales
- Consistent and sustainable record of over performance driven by new business success.
- A sound understanding of customer processes in marketing, compliance, credit and purchasing
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask and handle several prospect accounts/excellent time management
- Strong self-starter with the ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport at all levels
- Motivated to succeed, enthusiastic, confident, dedicated and driven
- Computer proficiency – experience in using Microsoft Office software
- This role will be based in our London office
Ultimately, you should think from the outside in and act on behalf of the customer. Paramount will be your true team spirit; you will thrive on being part of an enthusiastic and energetic team. Commercially dynamic, yet maintains a friendly, thinking led culture with outstanding progression possibilities. You should possess the following skills and experience:
- The ability to think like a customer, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of any campaign
- Project management skills
- A self-starter attitude with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Logical thinker with creative problem solving ability.
- Experience working in a matrix environment.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top