Business Development Director
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
The Role: This role will be responsible for driving new revenue opportunities in both existing and new logo customers.
- To represent D&B in a customer facing capacity for a specific line of business i.e Compliance & Supply, S&MS or Trade Credit.
- To work proactively to generate, follow up and qualify leads from the Vertical Sales team and other teams as appropriate
- To proactively hunt significant new business opportunities (£50k+) within aligned territories.
- To manage complex solution sales by combing multiple product sets, innovation, integration and bespoke solutions.
- To operate at a strategic (C+) level to align solutions to strategic priorities of key customers, bring together multiple stakeholders and construct compelling presentations, proposals and ROIs.
- To maximize D&B's presence in the market by cultivating the critical contacts to extend the relationship and build market awareness.
- To ensure inclusion and timely response to RFP/RFIs.
- To maintain an in-depth knowledge of competitive solutions with area of expertise and develop relationships with relevant 3rd parties.
- To manage and communicate progress against targets via accurate and timely reporting and forecasting via Salesforce
- To work collaboratively with SMEs and RMs to create detailed account and vertical plans.
- To work with Post-Sales to ensure smooth transition, delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrable track record in managing complex strategic sales and managing multiple senior stakeholders.
- Consistent and sustainable record of over performance driven by new business success.
- Excellent negotiation, strong presentation skills, as well as written communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects in an ever changing environment.
- A sound understanding of customer processes (marketing, compliance, credit and purchasing) and the relevant customer proposition within the specific area of expertise.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant industries and markets.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- Proven ability to strategically plan and develop revenue within target accounts and verticals.
- This role will be based in either our Marlow or London offices.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top