Business Data Analyst
Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is seeking an exceptional Business Data Analyst to play an integral role in the design, development and launch of a world-class Business Intelligence (BI) solution. This individual will serve as a key partner to business users looking to delve deep into data for the purpose of creating actionable intelligence that influences strategic decision making and company performance.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience in a reporting & analytical role with the demonstrated ability to think in a business-minded manner while formulating impactful insights. Applicable workplace experience with SQL is required. Experience with an industry-leading BI tool (SAS, Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects, MicroStrategy) is a strong plus.
- Work with business units (partners) to identify, prioritize, clearly define and document analytical needs, while maintaining perspective on the ultimate KPIs of the company.
- Provide reporting, analysis and insightful recommendations to business leaders on key performance metrics pertaining to Sales, Marketing, Business Development and Finance. This particular role will focus primarily on the development, execution and analysis of customer acquisition campaigns.
- Design, develop, validate and maintain SAS BI cubes, information maps (metadata), queries, dashboards and standardized reports.
- Identify and assess impact of proposed product/process/methodology changes to systems from a reporting & analysis perspective.
- Mine and manipulate significant data sets for the purpose of gleaning actionable strategic and operational insights.
- 2-3+ years of experience in a reporting & analytics role.
- Applicable workplace experience with SQL required (SQL Server preferred, but Oracle and MySQL also OK).
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Familiarity working with extremely large data sets.
- Experience with an industry-leading BI tool (SAS, Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects, MicroStrategy) and web analytics software such as Omniture and/or Google Analytics.
- Understanding of data modeling, data warehousing and ETL.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication.
- Able to work cross-functionally across multiple departments in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments effectively, work autonomously.
- Takes initiative, knows what needs to be done and executes with a sense of urgency, discipline and focus.
- Capable of identifying issues related to statistical analysis, recommending options and implementing solutions.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top