Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
As an Architect you will have demonstrated expertise in specialist areas and are considered a subject matter expert. You have deep domain knowledge within the industry in which you operate.
You will have operated within a Global Engineering / Architecture environment - with the overarching goal of matching business strategic goals to technology solutions. With a true passion for Technology, you keep up to date with industry best practices, new technologies and how they can bring value to the organization.
You will be an excellent communicator - capable of communicating complex technology ideas to any level within the organization.
You have an expert knowledge of software design patterns and are familiar with enterprise application architecture styles. You have established yourself as the technology expert within your team and across the business and are responsible for ensuring best practice in software development is adhered to. You strive to constantly improve the way we build software in Dun & Bradstreet.
- Full life cycle experience; responsible for the development of a complete set of architectural views for an enterprise
- Ideally experienced in accordance with one of the more common architecture frameworks e.g. Zachman, TOGAF, DoDAF, MODAF, FEAF
- Strong business analysis skills and experience; including development of business vision and strategies, functional decomposition, requirements capture, process modelling
- Represent the team at the Architectural panel; excellent communicator and influencer
- Lead major architectural and technical initiatives within the business
- Design and coding with a strong passion for working with the core engineering principles and techniques for example; in rapidly developing prototype solutions or frameworks for wider engineering organization
- Provides direction and mentorship to technical staff within the enterprise
- Participate in the development of the technology strategy for D&B and leading initiatives as required
- Degree related to software engineering and computer science (MSc. a plus)
- 15+ years working in Software Development (Enterprise level experience essential)
- 3+ years of experience working within a similar Architecture role
- Experience in AWS and in-depth knowledge of big data technologies (EMR, Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of best practices, new technologies and with the drive to stay informed on upcoming trends
- Very strong communication skills - ability to communicate complex ideas to all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to innovate through the creation of proof of concepts, frameworks which then become pervasive amongst the wider engineering and architecture organization
- Expert understanding of Design Patterns
- Experience in systems engineering, disaster recovery, messaging systems performance, scaling and backups
- Experience of working within various development environment such as Agile, waterfall etc.
- Strong knowledge of microservice development in large scale, high-transaction and high-availability secure environments
- Practical experience in automated unit testing frameworks, continuous integration, performance tuning/testing and application monitoring
- Strong understanding of performance issues and how to resolve them on EMR and AWS in general
- Strong understanding of Snowflake and databases in general
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.