Account Manager - Strategic FI
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing - for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do - from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Account Manager - Strategic Vertical FI
The D&B Strategic Account Manager is instrumental in supporting the Relationship Manager and allocated customer accounts with pre-sales and post-sales customer focused activities.
Pre-sales activities include prospecting, customer needs analysis, identifying cross sell and upsell opportunities and coordinating the contract execution process to ensure timely solution deployment & billing. Post-sales activities include renewal activities, customer retention activities and being the primary point of contact for customers post-sale in order to ensure customer issues are identified and appropriately escalated.
This fast paced role requires the ability to prioritize activities and handle multiple solutions and projects at the same time. It is focused on strong customer service and proactive sales activities so excellent communication skills are a key requirement and enthusiasm & high energy are necessary to be part of a multi-faceted, high-performing selling team.
- Account Manager is responsible for understanding the customer's business goals, challenges, and requirements.
- Aligns and applies D&B's data and analytics solutions in such areas as Customer & Supplier Risk, Sales Acceleration, Marketing, Compliance, and Master Data solutions.
- The Account Manager has the understanding and knowledge of D&B's core and foundational data solutions across all segments.
Communications/ Collaboration/ Customers Relationships
- The role requires communication both internally with Sales partners, finance, pricing, legal, training implementation, and externally with all levels within a Customer's organization
- The Account Manager must engender trust with colleagues and customers to ensure productive collaboration that supports new business sales, renewal requests and customer requests are handled in a timely and personable manner
- The Account Manager reviews their customer accounts and identifies who is handling each renewal and schedules on going touch points with all internal stakeholders to ensure a coordinated divide and conquer strategy to renewal execution
- Regular required customer contact via telephone, email and face-to-face meetings will facilitate: Subscription renewals of annual service, upsell and cross-sell identification and information, marketing/sales and purchasing penetration, customer intelligence gathering, advance application identification and qualification and post-sale fulfillment and customer satisfaction assurance
Operational Pre-Sales Activities
- RFI/RFP management: Includes World Wide Network bid preparation and following the bid responses for alignment, ensuring security audit requirements are met
- Deliver on customer insight requests
- Coordinate order automation quote creation with Deal Desk, Finance & Legal
- Coordinate OA RFI Management with Deal Desk
- Support sales in the preparation of client proposals and presentations
- Support sales in the preparation of strategic account plans
- Proactivity pull client usage reports and share findings with Sales Executives & Solutions Advisors when an opportunity for whitespace and cross-sale/upsell opportunity
- When assigned, own the renewal process ( $ threshold varies depending on channel)
Operational Post-Sales Activities for Customer
- Act as the conduit to the Customer Success Manager when customer stakeholders want to receive training and resolves billing/AR issues
- Contractual Management:
- Management of usage activity in billing to meet contractual requirements
- Validate user locations (actual people linkage)
- Management of pricing issues and questions
- Management of professional services (data projects)
- Liaise with Customer Success Manager on customer post-sales questions
- Coordinates quarterly customer business reviews to ensure they are conducted and we have the right resources in front of the customer to optimize existing solutions and understand customer requirements and strategy
- May identify cross-sell/upsell opportunities as a result of other activities listed here
- Handle Customer's Own Report requests with Gold Services
- Coordinate User ID/Passwords - DNBi, Hoovers with Gold Services - future state shift to a site to control and manage
- Coordinate usage report pulls with Gold Services for sales activity planning
- Coordinate SFDC usage adjustments, contact maintenance and creation
- Work with Sales Executive to identify and document WWN requirements
- Minimum 3-4 years of inside sales experience with proven success
- A drive and history of achieving and surpassing goals and quotas
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to build superior customer relationships.
- Handles multiple tasks well, in a fast paced, professional environment. Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top