Account Manager - Sales & Marketing Solutions
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing - for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do - from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Account Manager (Inside SMB)
Dun & Bradstreet has an exciting opportunity for an SMB Account Manager in our Austin, TX office. This position is responsible for generating the revenue from renewal and growth of existing clients. The Account Manager must show an ability to navigate across several different job functions including but not limited to marketing, sales, sales operations. Additionally, the Account Manager may identify and grow their base of clients via referrals, cold calling, and lead follow-up for Dun & Bradstreet's Sales Acceleration products focused small and medium sized businesses with annual revenue sales up to $250M. This position is responsible for generating revenue from existing customers through consultative selling, following a proven quarterly review process and outstanding customer service practices.
- Meets overall renewal and growth goals for the accounts assigned to them.
- Qualify and validate customer-specific needs and develop solution criteria.
- Identifies key business leaders and builds and maintains long-term relationships with client key influencers and buyers.
- Create, execute and manage high activity prospecting plans to build a robust pipeline within assigned territory
- Maintain a high activity level meeting departmental expectations
- Proactively pursues business development opportunities cross selling into existing clients across multiple roles and levels including but not limited to sales leadership, marketing leadership, sales operations and C-suite and to meet renewal and enrichment goals.
- Lead the development of a strategy and plan for the growth of assigned accounts by maximizing efficiencies and identifying potential opportunities where Dun & Bradstreet can add significant value.
- Builds credibility through an in-depth understanding of a client's business, organization, external environment, and industry.
- Maintains full fluency in Dun & Bradstreet's products and services and how they are sold to deliver value (value proposition) in the marketplace
- Forecast and track sales revenues and activities in a timely manner using the CRM system and other tools.
- Act as a customer advocate throughout the entire sales process and solution delivery process.
- Travel as required to attend trade shows, client meetings, or other business engagement
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required
- 3- 5 years of high-value, business-to-business, solution sales experience is required
- Proven success in new customer acquisition
- Highly driven, focused and committed with a proven track record of consistent sales achievement
- Positive "can do" attitude, sense of urgency and strong desire to be successful
- Strong phone presence with active listening, negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to build and sustain trust among colleagues and customers of various levels at any organization colleagues
- Proven ability to work independently as well as a member of a team with flexibility to adapt and manage change effective in an ever changing environment
- Ability to manage and report on opportunities throughout the various stages within the sales pipeline. Salesforce.com expertise a plus
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Leader, Security Operations, IT Security
Jay leads the Security Operations Team in protecting the vital data that lies at the heart of Dun & Bradstreet’s business, keeping the company safe against potential intrusions.
Back to top