Sr. Business Architect Strategist
- Jersey City, NJ
Business Architecture Associate Director
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You'll Love This Job:
The Business Architecture group optimizes how products & services, business capabilities, processes, technologies, data, organizational units, policies, value streams, client experience, etc., are assembled to deliver DTCC's business strategies. The group also influences the formulation of these business strategies by assessing the Firm's ability to deliver them. As such, Business Architecture plays a critical role in reimagining future-state business across all business lines to support DTCC's modernization initiatives, working collaboratively with Business Units, IT Architecture, Application Development, and other stakeholders (e.g., Finance, Risk, Resiliency), as well as applying its Business Automation capabilities.
The Business Architecture Associate Director will be responsible for shaping and understanding the business strategy in close collaboration with business areas. Apply analytically driven frameworks and insights, to lead business and process reimagination efforts in support of DTCC's enterprise-wide transformation program. Using strategic thinking and analytical approach, the Business Architecture Associate Director will work closely with senior management across the entire firm and subject matter experts in understanding current-state pain points and opportunities and create long-term vision and strategic plans, as well as define future state to deliver against them, with the objective of delivering best-in-class client experience, improving operational efficiency and increasing resiliency.
- Utilize design thinking and collaborative approach to drive re-imagination sessions with subject matter experts
- Play a strategic thinker role by developing a deep understanding of each business division's strategy, business model, operating model, processes, teams, and culture
- Display an effectiveness in applying analytical approach and frameworks and structure to "ill structured" problems and issues and making the bold decisions needed to address the enterprise and/or business divisions priorities to ultimately bring out the best of the organization.
- Apply deep understanding of the current business, industry context, regulatory context, future vision to develop an enterprise wide business architecture capabilities and roadmap
- Lead business and process re-imagination by analyzing, documenting, and designing business strategies, capabilities and processes, including key performance indicators (KPIs), service level agreements (SLAs), business reports, process metrics, and process diagrams
- Lead teams, workstreams and projects to design business architecture artifacts and deliverables to deliver expected business case and value proposition (risk, resilience, complexity, reuse, total cost of ownership etc.)
- Create effective working relationships with business teams, and key subject matter experts
- Collaborate with Business Units, IT and other stakeholders to design and build sustainable solutions
- Foster a culture of Entrepreneurship and Agile methodology
- Understand and educate enterprise and/or business divisions so that to bring the best capabilities to senior and working level stakeholders
- Focus on creating value by optimizing performance across people, processes and technology
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
NOTE: Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above.
Leadership Competencies for this level include
- Strategic Thinking: Effectively translates the vision into specific business objectives, thinks of different ways to do things and through all angles to provide insights and develop strategies that guide future decisions.
- Organizational Savvy: Understands DTCC's products and service offerings, as well as key stakeholders, and demonstrates the ability to form and cultivate internal networks that will help navigate getting things done.
- Leading Change: Embraces and adapts well to changing circumstances, identifies areas of needed change and employs many methods to drive those activities to meet organizational goals.
- Collaboration: Effectively works collaborately with stakeholders across different functions and seniority levels. Applies team and advisory work approach.
- Team Building: Builds teams by quickly establishing relationships and drives a team identity and shared purpose based on diversity of thought, skills and personalities.
- People management: Manages, directs, guides, develops and coaches staff
- Quantitative Acumen: Understands business financials and has the ability to work with complex data and information, and adopts practical and workable approaches.
- Inclusive Leadership: Values individuals and embraces diversity by integrating differences and promoting diversity and inclusion across teams and functions.
Talents Needed for Success:
- Minimum of 7-9 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with master's or equivalent experience
- MBA preferred
- Ideally, prior experience in leading consulting firm(s) with strategy consulting experience
- Experience in banking, capital markets, or financial operations preferred
- Must have experience in design thinking - structuring design thinking approach
- Experience in change management and leading transformation initiatives
- Business Process Management, BPM, Lean 6 Sigma, TOGAF, certifications a plus
- Agile methodology mindset and evangelist
- Process re-engineering/re-imagining expert
- Familiar with Business Architecture tools and concepts
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, ability to present strategies to all levels in the organization
Back to top