Senior Software Engineer
About this Opportunity
Assists in the technical design of application components, builds applications, interfaces between applications, and understands data security, retention, and recovery. Can research technologies independently and recommend appropriate solutions. Contributes to technology-specific best practices & standards; contributes to success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; contributes expertise on significant application components, vendor products, program languages, databases, operating systems, etc., executes on the plan by building components, testing, configuring, tuning, and deploying solutions.
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
Department: Application Development
AD delivers solutions that respond to the business needs of the global capital markets with quality, efficiency, and excellence, using innovative technologies and providing secure information management.
What You'll Do
- Technology Expertise - is a subject matter expert on one or more of programming languages, vendor products, DTCC applications, data structures, business lines
- Platforms - works with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments
- Requirements Elaboration - works with the Functional Architect to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Data Modeling - reviews and extends data models
- Is aware of frameworks - that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
- System Performance - contributes to solutions that satisfy performance requirements; constructs test cases and strategies that account for performance requirements; tunes application performance issues
- Security - implements solutions and executes test plans working mentoring other team members in best practice
- Standards - is aware of technology standards and understands technical solutions need to be consistent with them
- Documentation - develops and maintains system documentation
- Is familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of IBM BPM version 8.5.6 and later versions.
- Must be proficient with UI development, Process and service implementations in IBM BPM.
- Strong knowledge of XML, Web Services, REST API's, JSON is must.
- Strong knowledge of Database and Database development tools: MS SQL Server 2008/2012.
- Working knowledge of Apex UI toolkit is a plus.
- DocuSign and Salesforce knowledge is a huge plus.
- Possesses detailed knowledge of the software implementation lifecycle and Agile methodology.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong customer service orientation.
Who We Are
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From our operating facilities and data centers around the world, we automate, centralize, and standardize the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle, mitigate risk for thousands of institutions worldwide and protect the stability of the global financial system. We're also leaders in the digital transformation of post-trade processing, leveraging the latest fintech innovations to meet the evolving needs of our clients to reduce costs and enhance efficiencies.
At DTCC we value our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career. For more information, go to www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top