Senior Oracle / ETL Engineer
About this Opportunity
Enterprise Application Support (EAS) provides centralized application and infrastructure support for all critical business applications and infrastructure support.
Senior Oracle/DataStage Engineer is responsible for providing technical support leadership of all the application suites within DTCC, including Global Trade Repository (GTR) application suite and all other Solutions applications. The role will be executing all aspects of the operating procedures/runbooks within a predefined shift pattern. This role is expected to work closely with the required development teams, our Enterprise Infrastructure partners and our internal business clients to resolve and escalate technical support incidents where necessary.
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
Department: Enterprise Infrastructure
Enterprise Infrastructure delivers infrastructure capabilities that emphasize the collaboration between development and infrastructure to meet business needs. This is done by providing technology services that are agile, timely, cost-effective, and risk appropriate.
What You'll Do
- Support DTCC applications by providing monitoring, application, and system support for DTCC's production application services client facing environments.
- Provide 24x7 support for event monitoring, incident triage and escalation.
- Provide support to all jurisdictions on a shift basis, handling any activity for any region within the local time zone coverage.
- Identify and implement efficiencies and improvements to standard processes and procedures such as automation through scripting, programming, etc.
- Assist with key projects by executing task deliverables and ensuring permit-to-operate (PTO) guidelines are met.
- Provide support for change management approval, execution for DTCC's production application services
- Client support team engagement to assist with application related incidents, client testing and integrations
- Disaster recovery test planning and execution - application environment review, shutdown, start, verification, troubleshooting
- Access administration for application access to DTCC's production application services
- Support management of resources that are involved in maintaining the host operating system on UNIX, Vmware and Windows servers and/or software subsystems such as databases, web server software, LDAP, and security subsystems.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Work with Infrastructure teams to stand up development, testing, and production environments.
7 years of I T experience in development, testing, implementation and enterprise application support using PL/SQL, SQL for Oracle and Data warehousing
6 years plus of Oracle PL/SQL development
Must have strong experience in UNIX/Linux Scripting for Batch systems scheduling/ processing and Autosys scheduling tool
Extensive experience in developing Data Mapping, Performance Tuning and identifying application bottlenecks
Familiarity with different programming languages such as Java & front end technologies.
Working knowledge with Bitbucket Version control & repository tool
Experience in development of ETL and warehousing techniques using DataStage 11.5 tool
Experience in BI Reporting tools such as Cognos 11.0 and exposure in Splunk which are part of application management/compliance and business analytics
Sound Like You?
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From our operating facilities and data centers around the world, we automate, centralize, and standardize the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle, mitigate risk for thousands of institutions worldwide and protect the stability of the global financial system. We're also leaders in the digital transformation of post-trade processing, leveraging the latest fintech innovations to meet the evolving needs of our clients to reduce costs and enhance efficiencies.
At DTCC we value our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career. For more information, go to www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top