Senior Network Architect
- Jersey City, NJ
Senior Network Architect
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll seek challenges with flexibility and patience, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You'll Love This Job:
Being a member of TRI (Technology Research & Innovation) group, you will own responsibility for delivering a new, modern network and security architecture that can support DTCC's corporate and enterprise service offerings and DTCC's global workforce. You will join and lead squads gathering business, technology and security requirements, driving collaboration with internal and external domain specialists and translating them into a technical architecture and proposed design that will meet the needs of the enterprise. The role will require knowledge and understand of modern network architectures, best current practices in security, including multi-factor authentication and federating identity. You will have excellent design skills, strong collaboration skills and outstanding communication skills. The candidate will have a proven background of completing projects to delivery.
- Lead the definition of a new network architecture for DTCC's corporate network by leading squad projects to capture information and collect requirements; Consult, communicate and gain acceptance with partners to translate business requirements into technical requirements; Develop detailed, expertly written documentation for the early lifecycle of a service offering.
- Identifies, develops and initiates innovations and solutions where precedents and procedures may not exist. Build technology strategies and roadmaps to develop new or evolved service offerings
- Actively drives collaboration and participates in multi-functional groups to solve problems. Utilizes a network of relationships to collect and disseminate information, build support and secure consensus for desired objectives.
- Provide engineering and architectural leadership and expertise regarding the design and deployment of new design patterns and emerging network technologies
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations teams to ensure end to end support for design, implementation and operations. Solutions should support end to end success.
- Providing domain expertise in an educational and encouraging manner - facilitate the transition of new solution or technologies to operations and engineering; advise technical peers and partners to provide education on secure network architectures and approaches, and the impacts of those technologies on systems and application design principles.
- Perform network modeling, analysis and planning to develop new network service offerings to meet current and emerging DTCC requirements. Drive efficient, agile proofs of concept for new service offerings
- Drive efficiency and risk mitigation through the proper use of automation approaches and technologies. Mitigates risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
Talents Needed for Success:
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters' preferred with equivalent experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, capable of addressing engineering and C-level executives.
- Solid understanding in technologies like: SDN, NFV, Cloud Networking, SDWAN, WAN, LAN, NexGen Firewall, Data Center Networks, Wireless.
- Solid understanding of Global IP addressing designs
- Solid understanding of carrier grade optical network design technologies
- Solid understanding of network automation
- Must have demonstrable experience in taking ownership for and driving the success of a ground-breaking technology vision
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind.
About the Team
Serves as a dedicated technology resource for advancing DTCC's business opportunities and providing industry thought leadership for leveraging new technology. The goal of this new department is to partner internally with IT, our business and regulatory divisions and externally with clients, regulators, and fintech vendors, to help build new platforms and business models to advance DTCC's mission to support the financial markets.
Back to top