Risk Data Science - Associate Director
- Dallas, TX
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
About this Opportunity - Risk Data Science Associate
The incumbent will be responsible for studying data, discovering the information hidden and help making smarter and better decisions for the Business. The primary focus of the role will be on applying text and data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis and building high quality and high-performance prediction systems integrated with the Risk applications. They will also have proven experience in data analysis, modeling and implementing solutions along with sound understanding of capital markets and financial risk domain to be able to recommend the best-fit model and solution approach.
Our Risk Management teams work to protect the safety and soundness of our systems and are responsible for identifying, managing, measuring and mitigating a spectrum of key risk types including credit, market, liquidity, systemic, operational and technology in all existing and new products, activities, processes and systems.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to collate data Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytical solutions Data mining using state of the art methods Selecting features, building and optimizing analytical/modeling solutions using machine learning techniques Creating automated high-performance anomaly detection systems Testing adequacy and fitness of the solutions Produce reports and presentations to describe the solution to stakeholders Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner Mitigates risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
Talents Needed for Success:
• Minimum of 5-7 years of related experience in Data analysis, Data Science, Modeling
• Experience with SQL, Python, Big Data and Machine Learning Algorithms
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Great communication skills
• Experience in Financial industry with focus on Risk Management is preferred
• Experience in Data Visualization tools and AWS is a plus
• Leadership Competencies:
Accountability - Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals. Global Collaboration - Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions. Communication - Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and confidently when working with others. Influencing - Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, trusting relationships while at the same time is comfortable challenging ideas. Innovation and Creativity - Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity.
Who We Are:
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC's Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top