Risk Analytics - Machine Learning Engineer
- Chennai, India
About this Opportunity
The incumbent will be responsible for studying data, discovering the information hidden and help making smarter and better decisions for the Business. The primary focus of the role will be on applying text and data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis and building high quality and high-performance prediction systems integrated with the Risk applications. They will also have proven experience in data analysis, modeling and implementing solutions along with sound understanding of capital markets and financial risk domain to be able to recommend the best-fit model and solution approach.
Business Unit: Global Chief Risk Office
Our Risk Management teams work to protect the safety and soundness of our systems and are responsible for identifying, managing, measuring and mitigating a spectrum of key risk types including credit, market, liquidity, systemic, operational and technology in all existing and new products, activities, processes and systems.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to collate data
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytical solutions
- Analyze, extract and understand meaningful patterns from the large volumes / dimensions of historical data by utilizing analytics techniques and SMEs' inputs
- Design, develop, evaluate and implement high quality innovative predictive/prescriptive models using open source tools such as R, Python, or similar scripting within Apache Spark/AWS cloud based big data environment
- Support the team in creating/executing novel approaches to solve challenging problems by leveraging AI/ ML/NLP and Big Data/Cloud technologies
- Collaborate closely with Business Partners/Analysts, Data Analysts, Application Development and other Data Scientists to integrate innovations and algorithms into useable data products
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
Sound Like You?
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in Data analysis, Data Science, Modeling
- Experience with SQL, Python, Big Data and Machine Learning Algorithms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills
- Experience in Financial industry with focus on Risk Management is preferred
- Experience in Data Visualization tools and AWS is a plus
- Accountability - Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals.
- Global Collaboration - Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions.
- Communication - Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and confidently when working with others.
- Innovation and Creativity - Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity.
Who We Are
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC's Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top