RE-EMERGE: Return to Work Program (Technical)
- Jersey City, NJ
One of DTCC's key strategic business imperatives is to increase the diversity of its workforce at all levels which supports our continuing commitment to make DTCC a diverse and inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, DTCC will launch RE-EMERGE: A return to work program. Through this program we want to create a pathway for individuals wishing to re-enter the workforce after a minimum two-year hiatus.
• The 12-week internship timeframe will begin in Q1 2020.
• Jersey City Only
• Application Deadline: On rolling basis
Participants could potentially intern in one of the following areas:
• Application Development
• Cyber Risk Management
• Information Technology
Business Analyst tract
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Library Sciences, Engineering or any related technical field
• 5+ years' experience understanding, communicating, and prioritizing technology business requirements in a role such as Product Manager or Program Manager
• Prior experience at a financial technology firm, financial institution or other data-intensive setting is a plus
• Strong track-record demonstrating critical thinking, resourcefulness and initiative
• Ability to break down complex problems and summarize findings to varied audiences
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, strong analytical and presentation skills
• Exceptional organizational and planning ability
• Experience with web analytics and Agile development processes
Project Manager tract
• Bachelor's degree with a preference for a major in Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Project Management and or financial mathematics, Masters preferred.
• Strong knowledge of project management techniques and tools in a Financial/Banking environment
• Relevant direct project management work experience gained from a financial institution or consultancy firm
• Professional qualification in Project Management or in relevant areas would be beneficial
• Able to work using own initiative and without close supervision
• Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
• Results oriented Experienced in developing management presentations
• Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
• Good understanding of corporate finance and credit knowledge would be highly beneficial Teamwork and coaching skills
• Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills Fluency in English is essential, and other languages are positively considered
Software Engineering tract
• 8 or more years' experience as a software engineer
• 4 or more years' experience leading a team of developers
• Experience in multiple methodologies including Agile, Waterfall or RUP-style SDLC's
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate both technical and non-technical content clearly and succinctly to multiple audiences
• Strong experience with Java 1.7 / Java EE 6 and above.
• Experience developing online, batch, thin-client, rich-client, service applications
• Experience with Java lightweight frameworks such as Spring or Hibernate
• Experience developing on Unix/Linux platform. .NET experience a plus.
• Experience developing applications running in Jboss application server; familiar with Jboss EAP 6.3.x and above.
• Experience with message driven application development using JMS on IBM MQ or equivalent.
• Varies by Function
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From our operating facilities and data centers around the world, we automate, centralize, and standardize the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle, mitigate risk for thousands of institutions worldwide and protect the stability of the global financial system. We're also leaders in the digital transformation of post-trade processing, leveraging the latest fintech innovations to meet the evolving needs of our clients to reduce costs and enhance efficiencies.
At DTCC we value our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career. For more information, go to www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn , Twitter , YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top