Market Risk Manager
- Chennai, India
About this Opportunity
Business Unit: Global Chief Risk Office
Our Risk Management teams work to protect the safety and soundness of our systems and are responsible for identifying, managing, measuring and mitigating a spectrum of key risk types including credit, market, liquidity, systemic, operational and technology in all existing and new products, activities, processes and systems.
One of the main functions of the department is to protect the safety and soundness of the markets in the areas of clearance and settlement in the DTCC complex. This function is accomplished by the roles of the various areas in the department, Credit & Market risk, Quantitative Analysis and Operational Risk Management.
The Financial Risk Management group is responsible for assessing and managing market and liquidity risks associated with the products and services provided by DTCC's subsidiaries: National Securities Clearing Corporation (NSCC), Depository Trust Company (DTC) and Fixed Income Securities Corporation (FICC). Each of the NSCC and FICC, as central counterparties, provides centralized clearance, settlement and information services for a wide range of financial instruments: equity, corporate bond and municipal bond, exchange-traded funds (ETF), unit investment trust (UIT), mortgage backed securities and US Treasuries, traded in the U.S.
DTC provides efficiencies by immobilizing securities and making "book-entry" changes to show ownership of the securities. DTC provides securities movements for NSCC's net settlements, and settlement for institutional trades, as well as money market instruments. DTC retains custody of several million securities issues, worth trillions of dollars, including securities issued in the US and in excess of 100 other countries. The Equity and Fixed Income Risk groups mitigate risks stemming from both market and credit influences via the application of margining methodologies and the proactive assessment of NSCC, FICC and DTC's products, services and members.
The Market Risk Associate Director is responsible for overseeing the team responsible for the daily monitoring of market risk exposure presented by clients and for the preparation of documentation needed to support daily monitoring analysis. As a site lead for the team, the team member is responsible for effectively communicating and escalating risk, and identifying training and development needs of team members.
Support DTCC's risk management priorities:
- Perform day-to-day functions contained in the unit's procedures such as researching significant increases in margin requirements, tracking trading patterns of member firms, liquidity usage, etc.
- Research and prepare daily summary and reporting utilizing an extensive SQL, Python and Excel skillset
- Take ownership for identifying and mitigating risk within assigned areas of responsibility and for supporting risk mitigation across DTCC
- Assess existing processes and suggest new ones that most effectively anticipate, manage and reduce risk to DTCC and its participants
- Demonstrate and embed the behaviors and competencies that create a risk management mindset in the organization
- Proactively identifies own development needs.
- Perform research necessary to support analyzing different market risk trends and behavior.
- Maintain regulatory awareness and compliance and ensure adherence to risk-related policies and best practices
- Provides support for the preparation of analysis addressing internal and external audit and regulatory inquiries
- Contributes to supporting the department in adherence to AML/BSA policies and procedures as set-forth by various regulatory bodies.
- Provide support to site team member risk managers for ongoing monitoring and reporting of risk exposures.
- Identify training and development needs of site team members
Engage the Project Management, Application Development and testing team members to improve development, testing and release management experience and minimize operational disruption to market and liquidity risk functions.
5+ or 7+ years financial services industry experience in the areas of margining, financial product analysis, or product management. At least 3+ years of leadership experience.
- Good knowledge of particular products cleared and settled through the complex
- Technical skills in Python, Cloud Based technology, SQL, VBA and Excel : prior experience with Data Warehouse and AWS will be consider as an advantage
- Good knowledge of general client base
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Solid communication skills, both oral and written
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and ability to work as part of a global team.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated talent development
Education, Training or Certification
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics.
DTCC Core Competencies
Builds Strong Partnerships, Communicates With Impact, Demonstrates Customer Focus, Demonstrates Openness, Integrity and Trust, Embraces Innovation and Change, Promotes Safety and Soundness, Understands the Business
Level Specific Competencies
Aligns Performance for Success, Creates and Promotes a Shared Vision, Drives Business Expansion, Drives Execution and Sustainable Results, Drives Operational/Process Excellence, Thinks Strategically
Who We Are
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From our operating facilities and data centers around the world, we automate, centralize, and standardize the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle, mitigate risk for thousands of institutions worldwide and protect the stability of the global financial system. We're also leaders in the digital transformation of post-trade processing, leveraging the latest fintech innovations to meet the evolving needs of our clients to reduce costs and enhance efficiencies.
At DTCC we value our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career. For more information, go to www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top