Market Risk Associate
- Dallas, TX
Market Risk Associate
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You'll Love This Job:
Being a member of our Risk Management team, you'll work to protect the safety and soundness of our systems and are responsible for identifying, handling, measuring and mitigating a spectrum of key risk types including credit, market, liquidity, systemic, operational and technology in all existing and new products, activities, processes and systems.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform day-to-day functions contained in the unit's procedures such as researching significant increases in margin requirements, tracking trading patterns of member firms, liquidity usage, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of clients' business and risk profiles in order to serve as a point of contact for risk related support and inquiries.
- Assess existing processes and suggest new ones that most effectively anticipate, handle and reduce risk to DTCC and its participants
- Perform research necessary to support analyzing different margining methodologies
- Execute the plan for implementation of new margining methodologies and enhancements of existing methodologies, including preparation of test scripts and testing, preparation of business requirements, progress memos, etc.
- Educate clients on NSCC and DTC services and Risk initiatives
- Provides support for the preparation of written responses to audit and regulatory reports.
- Take ownership for identifying and mitigating risk within assigned areas of responsibility and for supporting risk mitigation across DTCC
- Assess existing processes and suggest new ones that most effectively anticipate, manage and reduce risk to DTCC and its participants
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
NOTE: Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above.
Talents Needed for Success:
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Must be analytical and detail oriented while working with large data sets
- Ability to handle client inquiries with excellent communication skills
- Experience with Clearing processes is preferred
- Familiarity with risk management methodologies (i.e. VaR) is a plus
We offer top class training and development for you to be an asset in our organization!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top