Business Unit: Global Chief Risk Office
Department: Market and Liquidity
Job Family: Risk Management
Job Title: Market Risk Associate
Corporate Title: Senior Associate
FLSA Code: Exempt
Business Unit Description
Our Risk Management teams work to protect the safety and soundness of our systems and are responsible for identifying, managing, measuring and mitigating a spectrum of key risk types including credit, market, liquidity, systemic, operational and technology in all existing and new products, activities, processes and systems.
The Market Risk Associate is responsible for the daily monitoring of market risk exposure presented by clients and for the preparation of documentation needed to support systems initiatives.
- Perform day-to-day functions contained in the unit's procedures such as researching significant increases in margin requirements, tracking trading patterns of member firms, liquidity usage, etc.
- Research and prepare daily summary and reporting utilizing an extensive SQL and Excel skill-set.
- Take ownership for identifying and mitigating risk within assigned areas of responsibility and for supporting risk mitigation across DTCC
- Assess existing processes and suggest new ones that most effectively anticipate, manage and reduce risk to DTCC and its participants
- Demonstrate and embed the behaviors and competencies that create a risk management mindset in the organization
- Proactively identifies own development needs.
- Perform research necessary to support analyzing different market risk trends and behavior
- Maintain regulatory awareness and compliance and ensure adherence to risk-related policies and best practices
- Provides support for the preparation of written responses to audit and regulatory reports
- Contributes to supporting the department in adherence to AML/BSA policies and procedures as set-forth by various regulatory bodies
- Provide support to risk managers for ongoing monitoring and reporting of risk exposures
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
Leadership Competencies for this level include
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals
- Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions
- Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and confidently when working with others
- Influencing: Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, trusting relationships while at the same time is comfortable challenging ideas
- Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity
- 5+ years of related experience minimum
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Master's or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of products cleared and settled through the complex
- Technical skills in Python, Cloud Based technology, SQL, VBA and Excel: prior experience with Data Warehouse and AWS will be consider as an advantage
- Good knowledge of general client base
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Solid communication skills, both oral and written
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and ability to work as part of a global team
- Ability to work well under pressure
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.