Mainframe Network Manager
About this Opportunity
Enterprise Hosting Services (EHS) provides DTCC Businesses with innovative and reliable infrastructure services, leveraging the global and diverse expertise of our workforce to reduce risk and improve the efficiency, performance, stability, security, and quality of our platforms.
The Infrastructure Services Manager, Mainframe Network Engineering team, acts as a leader in in Enterprise Infrastructure and is responsible for setting technical direction, managing the team composition to support that direction, prioritizing associated work based on business requirements, and supporting a growing user community in a fast-paced environment.
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
Department: Enterprise Infrastructure
Enterprise Infrastructure delivers infrastructure capabilities that emphasize the collaboration between development and infrastructure to meet business needs. This is done by providing technology services that are agile, timely, cost-effective, and risk appropriate.
What You'll Do
- Support the direction and strategy for the Mainframe Network.
- Manage team priorities and assign work to team members. Promotes the professional development of team personnel.
- Manages the team to meet balanced scorecard targets by monitoring team progress towards metric targets and actively participating in Continuous Improvement-related initiatives to minimize unfavorable variances.
- Maintains constructive relationships within and outside the team.
- Scopes level of effort and duration with high accuracy, even when given limited available information.
- Provides regular updates of team achievements, including project status and completion ETA, weekend changes planned, and any risk or issues.
- Keeps weekend change calendar updated with list of changes, assigned team members and timeline.
- Ensures on-time delivery of work including monitoring of external and internal dependencies, tracking of progress, and monitoring of project milestone accomplishments. Oversees the technical quality of the projects by ensuring that key technical procedures, standards, quality control mechanisms, and tools are properly utilized including performing root cause analyses for technical problems and engaging in work product quality review. Manages team work budgets.
- Actively participates in the Change Control process by identifying potential scope variances by monitoring work requirements definition, issue resolution, development progress and user sign-off and reviewing change requests.
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Design and configure a mainframe network to provide 24/7 availability to our clients.
- Work closely with the Client, CICS, DB2, and z/OS teams for day to day support of the systems.
- Install, customize, and Support VTAM, TCP/IP, and network monitoring software.
- Configure OSA adapters for support of IP as well as Hypersockets.
- Plan network recovery and participate in disaster testing exercises.
Who We Are
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From our operating facilities and data centers around the world, we automate, centralize, and standardize the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle, mitigate risk for thousands of institutions worldwide and protect the stability of the global financial system. We're also leaders in the digital transformation of post-trade processing, leveraging the latest fintech innovations to meet the evolving needs of our clients to reduce costs and enhance efficiencies.
At DTCC we value our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career. For more information, go to www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top