Lead Java Developer
About this Opportunity
Coordinates the technical design of large business systems; integration of business services & information security; implements technology-specific best practices & standards; controls success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; provides leadership on AD teams and can assist the Domain Architect as a technology liaison across teams. Acts as a partner with cross-functional teams to ensure the success of product strategy and project deliverables.
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
Department: Application Development
AD delivers solutions that respond to the business needs of the global capital markets with quality, efficiency, and excellence, using innovative technologies and providing secure information management.
What You'll Do
- Technology Selection - assists in technology selection decisions; manages technology risk for the project team
- Perform business and technical presentations in relation to technology platforms and solutions addressing the business problems
- Platforms - works with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments. Will define scalability and performance criteria for the product
- Environments - work with Infrastructure partners to choose optimal hosting environment
- Requirements Elaboration - works with the Functional Architect to ensure that non-functional requirements are complete and appropriate
- Data Modeling - ensures physical data model supports the performance, privacy and security requirements
- Designs Frameworks - that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
- System Performance - proposes solutions that satisfy performance requirements; ensures test strategy validates performance requirements; tunes application performance issues
- Security - understands corporate info. security standards; ensures test plans validate security requirements
- Standards - recommends and promotes technical solutions that are consistent with corporate standards
- Documentation - develops and maintains system documentation
- Is familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban) and leads team in process best practices of chosen methodology
- Helps to develop solutions that balance cost, schedule, and requirements
- Helps roll out standards and policies to other team members
- Supports team in managing client expectations and resolving issues on time
- Engages in activities to support the broader organization
- Incorporates business and financial factors into decision making and supports team members in doing the same
- Ensures own and team's practices support success across all geographic locations
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Full Stack developer/lead with proficiency in the following technologies.
- Java and related technologies like Java EE, Springboot, JUnit, Tomcat, maven
- REST APIs, Swagger
- JEE containers like Tomcat, Websphere or JBOSS.
- DevOps tools like Maven, Jenkins, nexus, fortify, cobertura etc.
- Design and development of RDBMS systems using Oracle 12C with strong SQL, PL/SQL skills.
- Working Knowledge of Unix/Linux OS including shell scripting, perl and/or python
- Familiarity with reporting tools like Crystal Reports will be a plus.
- Familiarity with container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift will be a plus.
- Working knowledge of Agile, CI/CD, Dev/Ops practices and tools.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and communication skills
- Experienced in working with a geographically separated (onshore + offshore) team
- 9+ years' experience in application development and system analysis; thorough understanding of the middleware and message protocols
- 2+ years technical team leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree required, with Masters preferred or equivalent experience
Who We Are
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC's Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top