Lead Infrastructure Services Engineer
- Chennai, India
About this Opportunity
Network Tools Management team (NTM) part of Network Hosting Services (NHS) is tasked with all aspects of managing DTCC Network infrastructure. Provide timely and accurate alerts to the production support teams, customers and management.
The Lead Infrastructure Services Engineer for Network Tools Management is responsible for overall implementation, testing and maintenance of the Network management & monitoring tools. Accountable for Fault, Performance and Configuration Management including reporting/alerting functions of entire DTCC network infrastructure.
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
Department: Enterprise Infrastructure
Enterprise Infrastructure delivers infrastructure capabilities that emphasize the collaboration between development and infrastructure to meet business needs. This is done by providing technology services that are agile, timely, cost-effective, and risk appropriate.
What You'll Do
- Insure that the DTCC monitoring infrastructure is state of the art, and utilizes industry standard best practices. Evaluate and architect new monitoring solutions as required, working with both customers and vendors.
- Plan for production implementation without any disruption to customers or risk to DTCC's production environment. Experience in a 24x7 global environment with knowledge of system high availability design and industry standard disaster recovery practices.
- Collaborates with global teams in fulfilling tasks/projects related to device maintenance, life cycle management, high availability and vulnerability management.
- Provides comprehensive Technical support to business unit, IT management and staff at the highest level on all phases of the project development cycle.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the network monitoring.
- Performs analysis, system design, documentation, testing implementation and on-going support to build monitoring solutions, troubleshoot monitoring problems and educate users on how to better monitor their systems
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Advanced or expert competency with any number of the below monitoring tools including but not limited to: Riverbed SteelCentral Suite( Profiler, NetIM, NetAuditor, AppResponse etc . ), HP NNMi, CA PM, HPNA
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networking, UNIX/LINUX systems and monitoring protocols such as (SNMP, Syslog, Netflow, Sflow)
- Well-developed Unix scripting and interpreted language competencies in one of the following languages (Perl and/or Python)
- Must have experience with ITIL practices and industry standard Incident, Problem and Change Management practices.
- Advanced competencies around Cloud(AWS, Azure) and Agile delivery would be a plus
Who We Are
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From our operating facilities and data centers around the world, we automate, centralize, and standardize the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle, mitigate risk for thousands of institutions worldwide and protect the stability of the global financial system. We're also leaders in the digital transformation of post-trade processing, leveraging the latest fintech innovations to meet the evolving needs of our clients to reduce costs and enhance efficiencies.
At DTCC we value our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career. For more information, go to www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top