Lead Infrastructure Services Engineer
- Chennai, India
About this Opportunity
Enterprise Hosting Services (EHS) provides DTCC Businesses with innovative and reliable infrastructure services, leveraging the global and diverse expertise of our workforce to reduce risk and improve the efficiency, performance, stability, security, and quality of our platforms.
The Senior Infrastructure Services Engineer, Mainframe Network Engineering team, is responsible for implementing network related changes to the Mainframe environment. The individual must be able take ownership of assigned network monitoring software and work with limited direction to implement well documented change processes. A solid background in Mainframe networking is required.
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
Department: Enterprise Infrastructure
Enterprise Infrastructure delivers infrastructure capabilities that emphasize the collaboration between development and infrastructure to meet business needs. This is done by providing technology services that are agile, timely, cost-effective, and risk appropriate.
What You'll Do
- Support the direction and strategy for the Mainframe Network.
- Maintains constructive relationships within and outside the team. This includes working with clients to achieve network connectivity (i.e. SFTP) into the DTCC environment.
- Take a lead role in managing select software installation and rollout strategies.
- Provides detailed weekly update of individual achievements, what was completed previous week, what will be worked on the following week, project status with completion percentage and completion ETA, weekend changes planned, and any risk or issues.
- Ensures on-time delivery of work including monitoring of external and internal dependencies, tracking of progress, and monitoring of project milestone accomplishments.
- Deliver technical quality on assigned projects by ensuring that key technical procedures, standards, quality control mechanisms, and tools are properly utilized.
- Actively participates in the Change Control process by identifying potential scope variances by monitoring work requirements definition, issue resolution, development progress and user sign-off and reviewing change requests.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Design and configure a network to provide 24/7 availability to our clients.
- Work closely with the Client, CICS, DB2, and z/OS teams for day to day support of the systems.
- Install, customize, and Support VTAM, TCP/IP, and network monitoring software.
- Configure OSA adapters for support of IP as well as Hypersockets.
- Plan network recovery and participate in disaster testing exercises.
Who We Are
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From our operating facilities and data centers around the world, we automate, centralize, and standardize the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle, mitigate risk for thousands of institutions worldwide and protect the stability of the global financial system. We're also leaders in the digital transformation of post-trade processing, leveraging the latest fintech innovations to meet the evolving needs of our clients to reduce costs and enhance efficiencies.
At DTCC we value our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career. For more information, go to www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top