Lead Infrastructure Services Engineer
About this Opportunity
Enterprise Hosting Services provides DTCC Businesses and Joint Venture Partners with innovative and reliable infrastructure services, leveraging the global and diverse expertise of our workforce to reduce risk and improve the efficiency, performance, stability, security, and quality of our platforms .
Lead Infrastructure Services Engineer is responsible for the evaluation, design and implementation plans for all technology solutions related to specific business requirements. This position requires a strong foundation in enterprise information technology architectures across these silos - IP collaboration solutions (UC/OCS/IPT), Data/NAS Transport, Virtualized Server/Desktop environments, routing protocols, switching, and security, quality of service, LAN /WAN protocols, WAN optimization and Multimedia (Voice/Video) Technologies among others. Knowledge with Load balancer, firewall and Proxy a plus.
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
Department: Enterprise Infrastructure
Enterprise Infrastructure delivers infrastructure capabilities that emphasize the collaboration between development and infrastructure to meet business needs. This is done by providing technology services that are agile, timely, cost-effective, and risk appropriate.
What You'll Do
- Evaluating and creating proposals for technology architectures that cross multiple IT areas
- Cross-train and knowledge transfer technology principles to implementation and services teams.
- Author architecture and design proposals aligned to business requirements.
- Lead proof of concept engagements and evaluate next generation architectures and solutions.
- Fully manage the complete life-cycle of a project engagement, including research, design, planning, implementation, operations and project management.
- Re-architect current implementations to optimize design and functionality.
- Provide Top level escalation support for Engineers in implementations and troubleshooting teams.
- Lead cross-functional training for engineering teams on specific solutions.
- Gain expertise in new and emerging technologies and be the area lead for those products.
- Research new and existing technologies and provide recommendations.
- Lead efforts to secure the Production Network Services by evaluating and implementing advanced network security features.
Sound Like You?
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
6-8 years' experience in Network architecture/design/implementation within an enterprise environment.
Experience in consulting is desired.
• R elated industry certifications desired (CCNP, CCDP, CCVP equivalent). Certifications should be active and not expired.
• IP networking skill-set including switching, routing, QoS, VoiP/IP Telephony, network security and LAN/WAN technologies.
• Experience with Cisco VoiP telephony solutions on an enterprise network. SIP Trunking to PSTN experience a plus.
• A dvanced proficiency in Cisco switches including Catalyst 3560s, 3750s, 4500s & 6500s. Nexus 5k and 7k a plus.
• Expertise in Cisco routers including 2800s/3800s, 2900s/3900s & 7206s
• Advanced knowledge of designing, implementation and troubleshooting L3 routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF & BGP.
• Experience with wireless networking design and implementation.
• Excellent communication, presentation and vendor relation skills coupled with advanced engineering IT experience in an enterprise environment.
• In-depth understanding of IP telephony architectures and collaboration solutions.
• Hands-on design and implementation of Quality of Service Solutions.
• Voice and Multimedia experience over an IP network. SIP protocol and SIP trunking a plus.
• Experience in network security advanced features and protocols
Who We Are
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide. At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.
Back to top