Infrastructure Services Engineer
- Manila, Philippines
About this Opportunity
The Distributed Hosting Operating Systems team delivers desktop automation, endpoint management and administration within end user environments
The Infrastructure Services Engineer is responsible for maintaining the health, integrity, availability and security of all the Linux RedHat systems. The Engineer applies appropriate problem-solving techniques to solve complex development environment problems and assist with root cause analysis. The Engineer will work in a team environment to deploy infrastructure solutions which includes but is not limited to: Linux operating system installation and tuning, system software installation, patching and configuration.
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
Department: Enterprise Infrastructure
Enterprise Infrastructure delivers infrastructure capabilities that emphasize the collaboration between development and infrastructure to meet business needs. This is done by providing technology services that are agile, timely, cost-effective, and risk appropriate.
What You'll Do
- Experience working in a Global Team and Diverse User based organization.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring is enabled for the Linux platform. All alerts must be addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Enterprise Linux installations, support, and general administrative tasks.
- Shell programming scripting and troubleshooting ( i.e Bash, perl etc..)
- Review and completion Incident Queues as well as appropriate escalation if required.
- Coordinate the installation of all firmware upgrades, security patches, and matrix deployments for the Unix/Linux platform.
- Ensure Run-books and automated supported documents and procedures are updated and
- efficient. Oversee Scheduler operations and ensure low risk patching and security updates are planned and implemented on-time.
- Assist IT Service Desk staff in the take-up of new ITIL process improvements and Tools updates.
- Ensure ITSM Tools configuration and supporting data sets are maintained.
- Ensure that all physical and virtual systems are properly documented and maintained in the Asset Management database and eventually into DTCC's CMDB solution.
- Participation in DR/BCP events for Distributed & Mainframe Systems and Networks, record recovery errors and document remediation plans.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Sysdmin/Engineering working knowledge of Unix/Linux platform specifically RHEL 6 & 7
- Scripting and Automation flow experience i.e ( bash, Ansible, perl .. )
- Working knowledge and or experience in AWS, Azure and/or Digital Ocean
- Experience with Middleware technologies including Red Hat JBOSS, IBM Integration
- Experience with CI/CD Pipleline (eg Jenkins, Nexus Sonatype, Gitlab
Who We Are
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC's Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top