Infrastructure Services Engineer
An Infrastructure Services Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership across Enterprise Infrastructure. This role supports key project driven initiatives, as well as operational tasks to maintain the integrity of infrastructure environment. Provide leadership and direction for the Architecture, Design, Maintenance and L1 and L2 Level Support of a 7 x 24 global infrastructure.
- Support and manage Distributed Database Technologies related to Oracle ,MSSQL,Sybase, Greenplum and AWS
- Adhere to best practices on Incident, Problem and Change management
- Lead and support projects with minimal guidance
- Responsible for managing and supporting database platforms,
working closely with the vendors, external consultants, application support teams, technical support team, and team members
- Installing, configuring, upgrading, Patching and maintaining database instances both on premises and on cloud
- Recommending and implementing database security policies
- Recommending and implementing database backup, recovery, and redundancy strategies
- Implementing automated monitoring to ensure proactive handing of issues
- Working independently to perform database performance analysis, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance
Leadership Competencies for this level include:
Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals.
- Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions.
- Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and confidently when working with others.
- Influencing: Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, trusting relationships while at the same time is comfortable challenging ideas.
- Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity.
4- 6 years of related experience in Oracle ,MSSQL, Sybase, Green plum and troubleshooting knowledge in AWS
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
Should have worked as a L1 and L2 Engineer or above in managing large scale Oracle , MSSQL, Greenplum , Sybase and AWS (PostgreSQL, Snowflake) environments
- Demonstrate strong performance Tuning and Optimization skills in both Oracle and MSSQL
- Strong Experience in Database patching, database upgrades in both Oracle and MSSQL
- Strong experience in oracle table partition, RMAN backup, Memory settings.
- Possess strong Knowledge of operating systems (Unix / Linux) , Shell scripting, Perl/Python scripting
- Strong experience in managing High availability / High scalability DB clusters
- Be able to handle tasks and projects independently with minimum guidance and directions
- Strong experience in Backup and restore processes
- Possess Excellent communication skills and ability to coordinate with various stake holders
- Follow best practices on Change management / Incident management / Problem management
- Good team player and should have worked with diverse global teams
- willing to work on emerging technologies
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems and database environment issues
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex environment to determine business and customer needs and provide the best solution needed
- Strong knowledge on AWS cloud technologies
- Knowledge on ITIL, Processes would be an added advantage
- Should be able to understand interlaying technologies like Networking, Applications and its impact to Database
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.
Back to top