Infrastructure Services Architect
- Jersey City, NJ
Infrastructure Services Architect
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll seek challenges with flexibility and patience, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You'll Love This Job:
The Infrastructure Services Architect will be part of the Database team and will have responsibility to support and manage Distributed Database Technologies related to Oracle. Data Engineering and Automation is a globally diverse and distributed team. We are responsible for handling the Distributed Databases, Automation and Business intelligence technologies for the firm.
- Support and manage Distributed Database Technologies related to Oracle
- Adhere to best practices on Incident, Problem and Change management
- Lead projects independently with minimal mentorship. Working independently to perform database performance analysis, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance
- Leading and supporting database platforms, working closely with the vendors, external consultants, application support teams, technical support team, and team members
- Installing, configuring, upgrading, and maintaining database instances both on premises and on cloud. Implementing automated monitoring to ensure proactive handling of issues
- Recommending and implementing database security policies. Recommending and implementing database backup, recovery, and redundancy strategies
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and supervising controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior
- Setting up RAC and DataGuard.
Talents Needed for Success:
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters' preferred with equivalent experience
- 8 - 12 years of related experience in Oracle
- Previous experience as an L3 Engineer or above in leading large-scale Oracle Databases
- Experience with Developer to ensure application design as efficient
- Ability to perform performance Tuning and Optimization skills, including SQL re-write for optimum performance
- Experience with replication like Golden gate, Clustering and Dataguard for Oracle Databases
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind.
About the Team
Enterprise Product & Platform Engineering transforms the way we deliver infrastructure to our business clients. A key construct of EP&PE will be the evolution of the IT Product Manager, who will partner with the Engineering organization, the Business Aligned Service Delivery organization, the DevSecOps organization as well as our operational support teams to ensure that this organization provides high quality, commercially attractive and timely solutions to support our business strategy.
Back to top