Infrastructure Services Architect
About this Opportunity
Enterprise Hosting Services provides DTCC Businesses and Joint Venture Partners with innovative and reliable infrastructure services, leveraging the global and diverse expertise of our workforce to reduce risk and improve the efficiency, performance, stability, security, and quality of our platforms.
This role will primarily focus on administering and supporting the OpenShift Container Platform ecosystem for the organization in both AWS public cloud and on premise. This includes managing container tenant provisioning, isolation, and capacity. This role will work directly with infrastructure as code-based automation to manage the capacity of the overall platform and deliver new capacity and capabilities as necessary. Having a strong background in Linux administration, virtualization, networking, and security will be required in successfully fulfilling this role; and in providing first class level 3 support. Additionally, understanding application development lifecycles as well as practical experience in working with continuous integration and continuous deployment tools as part of the container lifecycle will be useful.
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
Department: Enterprise Infrastructure
Enterprise Infrastructure delivers infrastructure capabilities that emphasize the collaboration between development and infrastructure to meet business needs. This is done by providing technology services that are agile, timely, cost-effective, and risk appropriate.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to and support DTCC's Enterprise Container strategy by identifying ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Manage the container platform ecosystem (installation, upgrade, patching, monitoring) through an automation first approach and mindset
- Assist in change management of container platform for new versions of OpenShift, Hotfixes, SysAdmin tasks, etc.
- Cluster capacity management and provisioning through automation of underlying hosts
- Provide L3 engineering support
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Author/edit system documentation/playbook(s)
- May serve as a mentor on procedural matters to less experienced internal and third-party team members
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Can work 6am to 3pm or 7am to 4pm Manila time
- Expertise with the RedHat OpenShift Container Platform and/or Kubernetes preferred
- Expertise in RedHat Linux administration
- Expertise working with Docker or similar container technologies preferred
- Experience with AWS cloud PAAS/IAAS technologies preferred
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, and Chef) preferred
- Experience working with infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform preferred
- Possess a strong understanding of SDLC principles and processes including CI/CD practices
- AWS associate certifications or higher preferred
- RedHat certifications in Linux and OpenShift administration preferred
Who We Are
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC's Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top