GOCS Operations Risk and Control Associate Director
About this Opportunity
The Operations Risk and Control Associate Director provides leadership and direct management of multiple team leads and their respective reports. The manager provides oversight for the day-to-day activities within and across various functional areas of the broader department (e.g., Books and Records, Agent Services) where errors can occur at numerous touch points (e.g., inaccurate issue set-up, inaccurate data collection, missed deadlines) and could result in financial and reputational loss for DTC.
Business Unit: Clearing Agency Services & GOCS
The Global Operations, Client Services & Administration group delivers world-class safety and soundness for the global financial services industry. The team provides DTCC's portfolio of core securities and superior transaction processing and client services support in an environment that minimizes risk and cost while maximizing efficiency.
What You'll Do
- Proposes, updates, and implements departmental procedures by completing the requisite steps. Implements business continuity and disaster recovery directives.
- Manages procedural exception processing and surfaces potential risk incidents, control breakdowns, or "red flag" conditions for escalation
- Reviews MIS, mgt. testing and other related reports and indicators to ensure department metrics and operational goals are being met. Ensures compliance with existing SLAs.
- Manages team of direct reports and serves as liaison between staff and senior management. Coaches staff and performs all aspects of performance management
- Assists senior management, AD and Product Management with the development of new business, systems, revenue streams, and enhancement to existing ones
- Follows up with customers to establish action plans specific to feedback from client feedback (e.g. surveys, etc.)
- In collaboration with Director and ED, may serve as primary point of contact for audits, risk assessments, and issues related to adherence to procedures
- Authors responses to audit findings, changes procedures accordingly, and ensures all staff are trained on new procedures
- Executes, and supports the department in adherence to AML/BSA policies and procedures, and all action plans related to compliance and regulatory guidelines set-forth by various regulatory bodies.
- Maintaining an understanding of current, as well as assessing the impact of new or revised Compliance/Regulatory related laws, regulations and regulatory guidance, which apply to their respective department or business area.
- Coordinating and working with Compliance on the development, implementation and maintenance of their respective department or business area's procedures and internal controls
- Supports system development and enhancement efforts as needed and works with Product Management, AD, and BAR group to develop system testing scripts and procedures and execute the testing as required. Supports enhancement releases.
- Implements corporate and divisional goals on a department level and is responsible demonstrating how goals apply to individual staff member roles and performance. Implements action plans related to industry initiatives or changes to corporate products/services
- Participates in the budget, goals, and benchmarking process. Provides regular reports to senior management regarding department performance against targets
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- 7 years of financial services experience, including 4 years of supervisory/ management experience
Who We Are
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC's Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top