GOCS Corporate Actions Director
About this Opportunity
The GOCS Corporate Actions Director provides leadership and direct management oversight of the activities of Associate Directors, Team Leads, and Sr. Analysts. This team performs all routine and complex functions associated with the announcement and processing of Reorganization events and handles exception processing as appropriate within guidelines defined by the management team. Through direct reports, the Director is responsible for input and execution on the department's strategic initiatives while managing risk by ensuring controls are appropriate and continuously monitored and adjusted as necessary. The Director also ensures compliance with regulatory requirements such as CCAS. Other responsibilities include staff development, coaching and performance management, motivating the team by creating an inclusive culture, driving client satisfaction and representing the operation in client meetings. Financial acumen is also an integral part of the position inclusive of identifying process improvements, cost/resource savings, and revenue generating opportunities. The position also requires the ability to form strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
Business Unit: Clearing Agency Services & GOCS
The Global Operations, Client Services & Administration group delivers world-class safety and soundness for the global financial services industry. The team provides DTCC's portfolio of core securities and superior transaction processing and client services support in an environment that minimizes risk and cost while maximizing efficiency.
Asset Services provides centralization, simplification, and automation in the handling of depository-eligible debt and equity securities, and in the processing of principal, income, and corporate actions for these instruments. Functions designated as Securities Processing include all those related to the deposit and custody of securities.The Reorganization department processes transactions related to changes made to the capital structure or financial position of DTC-eligible securities in which outstanding securities must be surrendered on behalf of customers in exchange for cash or new securities, or a combination thereof. Mandatory corporate actions include mergers, bankruptcies, reverse splits and name changes. Voluntary corporate actions include tender and exchange offers, puts, convertible security and warrant subscription exercises and rights offers. This area interacts with customers, agents, issuers and counsel, exchanges and internal business units to announce and process reorganization events. Tasks in this business unit include but are not limited to event creation (identification and announcement of event terms and conditions), accepting and balancing voluntary instructions and inventory positions, surrendering securities, collecting and allocating cash and/or stock entitlements to customers and closing out completed events.
What You'll Do
Business Planning/Industry Initiatives
- Contributes to business plans/goals aligned with the corporate mission and long-term viability of products/services
- Determines resource requirements with current workflows and/or new initiatives
- Contributes to/ recommends short and long- term direction of the business unit as well as strategies on new services, products, and revenue streams
- Works with Product Management, Applications Development, industry groups and clients to assess new products and revenue opportunities.
- Understands business financials and works with complex data and information to adopt practical and workable approaches
- Reduces risk through regular review of controls and implementation of process improvements.
- Provides direction related to the design, development, and maintenance of procedures
- Ensures business continuity and disaster recovery plans are maintained
- Establishes departmental benchmarks and other metrics based on divisional and corporate standards
- Establishes tone and climate relative to employee satisfaction, diversity, trust, communication, and problem-resolution
- Sets the direction for activities related to employee surveys, employee action teams, and community relations
- Sets and executes on team goals
- Develops, coaches both direct reports and the team as well as delivers on all aspects of performance management
- Oversees the adherence to SLAs
- Oversees the implementation of initiatives related to product/service quality, process improvement, client service, and development of new business partnerships
- Is accountable for department-level results of client satisfaction surveys
- Develops and maintains relationships with external clients and will represent DTCC on industry groups, conferences as needed.
- Manages client expectations and contributes to improving and sustaining high client satisfaction
- Responsible for supporting the department in adherence to AML/BSA policies and procedures as set-forth by various regulatory bodies.
- Is accountable for results of audits, risk assessments, and compliance-related initiatives
- Oversees responses, and action plans as applicable to the above activities and ensures compliance with final recommendations/action plans
- Is accountable for surfacing potential regulatory-related problems to senior management
Sound Like You?
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Extensive, hands-on knowledge of industry including key features and processes related to an array of security types, and corporate actions types
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical ability to understand and solve for complex issues
- Knowledge of compliance/regulatory environment as it pertains to corporate actions and DTC operations.
- Displays executive presence and proven ability to deal with senior management internally, at customer firms, and at other related entities.
Who We Are
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC's Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top