GOCS Clearance & Settlement Director
About this Opportunity
The GOCS Clearance & Settlement MBS Director will be responsible for providing leadership for multiple managers, and their respective reports in multiple locations.The Director also provides higher level oversight for the day-to-day activities within and across various functional areas of the broader department (e.g., RTTM, EPN, The Bank of New York settlement systems, and other DTCC Internal systems.
Business Unit: Clearing Agency Services & GOCS
The Global Operations, Client Services & Administration group delivers world-class safety and soundness for the global financial services industry. The team provides DTCC's portfolio of core securities and superior transaction processing and client services support in an environment that minimizes risk and cost while maximizing efficiency.
What You'll Do
- Set direction and strategy for MBS Allocations team
- Provides direction related to the design, development and maintenance of procedures. Ensures that procedures are continually followed and updated as new products or services are introduced.
- Establishes departmental benchmarks and other metrics based on divisional and corporate standards
- Ensures business continuity and disaster recovery mandates are met
- Collaborates across functions and geographies to promote cooperation and drive solutions
- Determines short- and medium-term direction of the service unit and suggests ways to improve or innovate a product or service
- Implements action plans related to industry initiatives or changes to corporate products/services
- In collaboration with ED and managers, may serve as primary point of contact for audits, risk assessments, and issues related to adherence to procedures
- Executes, and supports the department in adherence to AML/BSA policies and procedures, and all action plans related to compliance and regulatory guidelines set-forth by various regulatory bodies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders internally (MBS Product, ADM, Risk, Legal and Compliance)
- Develop and maintain relationships with external clients
- Manage client expectations
- Promote the professional development of Team personnel by supporting initiatives to develop new skills and refine existing skills
- Actively encourage and contribute to the development of knowledge capital
- Execute on the employee professional development plan
- Address performance management related issues with staff
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Executive presence and the ability to present complex concepts to senior management
- Ability to understand and solve for complex issues
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High comfort level in a diverse environment
Who We Are
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC's Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top