Executive Director DevOps
- Chennai, India
About this Opportunity
The Enterprise DevSecOps (EDSO) domain delivers optimized process and automation to accelerate delivery of IT services while also embedding security and controls. This applies to the application development process, infrastructure deployment and operations processes. To support delivery of these transformative capabilities, the EDSO domain was established in late 2018, and since then there has been quantifiable evidence of strong productivity, risk reduction, and improvement in infrastructure delivery timeframes. The role of EDSO is to enable the broader organization to operate using DevSecOps and Automation principles by providing a combination of platform, process and culture direction.
DTCC is looking to for an Executive Director to join the EDSO domain, focusing on development of people, process and tools to support build and delivery automation throughout the enterprise. This role will be responsible for building and managing engineering teams based in our Chennai office, that will partner with existing teams in the US. These teams will share responsibilities for development, maintenance and support of our development pipelines, which support our Continuous Integration, Automated Provisioning and Continuous Delivery capabilities across both our cloud and on-prem platforms. We are looking for a candidate that will bring broad technical knowledge and experience across a variety of IT areas, including infrastructure, development, operations, security and quality assurance, and has proven experience with DevOps and Agile practices. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for broader oversight of engineering staff in that office, playing one of our 'site lead' roles. In this capacity, the candidate will be a senior escalation point for a larger engineering team, in addition to direct line reporting for the DevSecOps staff. He or she will participate in decisions related to operations of the Chennai site, and in supporting a broad engineering team in delivery. The candidate must have experience in implementing DevOps and Agile practices and tooling, for both on-prem and cloud platforms.
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
What You'll Do
- Planning, leading, organizing, executing and motivating Agile DevOps teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering DevSecOps capabilities for the enterprise.
- Work with stakeholders to define clear project objectives and requirements, agree on priorities, communicate progress updates and demonstrations, resolve issues and conflicts, and provide responsive change management
- Hire and train personnel, build teams, and motivate staff to achieve maximum production levels through strong individual performance, coaching, and leadership
- Develop tools and processes to reduce deployment obstacles, improve developer productivity, reduce risk and lead to faster time to market
- Ensure appropriate security practices are implemented within our DSO toolsets, and through the use of our tools
- Implement solutions that are developed within project timelines, budgets, and quality constraints.
- Fosters a risk management culture through implementation and demonstration of processes and procedures which identify and mitigate risk
Sound Like You?
- 15+ years minimum or related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Ability to provide senior leadership support for engineering teams operating at our Chennai site
- Strong communication skills and experience communicating technology-related concepts to non-technical partners
- Understanding and ability to work with technology leadership to incorporate new and emerging technologies
- Experience with any/all of BitBucket, Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, Fortify, JIRA, Terraform and Chef is a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Prior Financial Services experience is highly preferred.
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC's Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top